Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

waterproof gear: gander mountain beartooth, any good?

I had a set of tecH20 from gander mountain and I liked it but it didn't hold up as well as I thought it would. It stayed good and water proof for about two or three years now it got replaced by Sitka.

I have a bunch of the regular Tech2O stuff and I agree it's nothing special. This new stuff is supposed to have some sort of teflon coating. Now that certainly sounds a little gimmicky, but I thought I'd check it out, so I picked some up yesterday. For half price, I figured why not. This stuff feels pretty slick to the touch (the teflon coating?). My two questions are 1) will it work and 2) will the coating last wash after wash. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

When I went to the checkout I was asked if I wanted to buy what seems like a no fault replacement service for $10. Fella says it will cover anything, including rips/tears etc. Normally I don't go for stuff like this, but having just put a little tear in my bibs last fall I ponied up the $10 and figured I could always trade these in a few years if I don't like em or if they start to fade etc. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how these work!

I went and checked this stuff out and decided to pick it for the decent price. Seemed to be comfortable and quiet. Then while browsing around I found a pair of Russell cyclone rain gear pants on clearance for $23. A little more digging and I found a matching jacket for half off, $70. So I got lucky enough to pick up the nicer Russell gear for less than the Gander mountain gear.

Top Bottom