Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

We’re Asking for Prayers and Support

Indeed there is a higher power. Very sorry to hear the rough news. Also dealing with an immediate family member and cancer fighting for his life. Prayers for you and your wife will be included daily from one fellow hunter to another.

Sorry to hear, praying for the best possible outcome, may your family and loved ones have strength in this difficult time.

Scott,

Ben told me the news last night so I thought I should check in here. Prayers sent your way buddy!
Will be thinking of you both.

Pat

This is a hard thread to make as it’s hard sometimes showing our personal lives but here it goes.

I meet my wife when I changed high schools during my freshman year and she’s been the one ever since.
She’s had a nagging cough since August and we just thought it was the respiratory virus that was going around.
She had it checked out a few weeks ago they tested her blood and it came back good but the X-ray showed something in her lung.
A more detailed X-ray was scheduled last Monday and her doctor called her the next day and said he was very concerned with what he seen and very certain she has lung cancer.
She has never smoked a day in her life! Next Thursday she has a Petscan and Friday we meet with the doctors in Des Moines for a biopsy and treatments if needed!

Sooo if you can say and send a prayer for her and I!
I know everyone has gone through stuff like this but it’s been a tough couple weeks I feel helpless and guilt cause I’d rather have it be myself than her and there’s nothing I can do!
This part I’ll explain is how I know that there is a higher power! The timing is bazar as after 32 years this was going to be my last year doing deer mounts and only doing a limited number. This news came right before the crazy time of gun season so the shop had been shut down which will be one thing less to deal with during this time!!
Sorry for the long post it’s hard to sleep so I got up at 3 am and made some pizza dough for tonight.
Thanks for reading send them prayers and hope for good news in the coming weeks!
Ishi
Prayers,,,,,,,,,,

This is a hard thread to make as it’s hard sometimes showing our personal lives but here it goes.

I meet my wife when I changed high schools during my freshman year and she’s been the one ever since.
She’s had a nagging cough since August and we just thought it was the respiratory virus that was going around.
She had it checked out a few weeks ago they tested her blood and it came back good but the X-ray showed something in her lung.
A more detailed X-ray was scheduled last Monday and her doctor called her the next day and said he was very concerned with what he seen and very certain she has lung cancer.
She has never smoked a day in her life! Next Thursday she has a Petscan and Friday we meet with the doctors in Des Moines for a biopsy and treatments if needed!

Sooo if you can say and send a prayer for her and I!
I know everyone has gone through stuff like this but it’s been a tough couple weeks I feel helpless and guilt cause I’d rather have it be myself than her and there’s nothing I can do!
This part I’ll explain is how I know that there is a higher power! The timing is bazar as after 32 years this was going to be my last year doing deer mounts and only doing a limited number. This news came right before the crazy time of gun season so the shop had been shut down which will be one thing less to deal with during this time!!
Sorry for the long post it’s hard to sleep so I got up at 3 am and made some pizza dough for tonight.
Thanks for reading send them prayers and hope for good news in the coming weeks!
Ishi
Just said a prayer for your wife. I personally went through intestinal cancer surgery. I was blessed to have that be the end of it with no chemo and no radiation. I pray your precious wife has a quick favorable outcome.

Time for an update. Things are moving along but seems slow but that’s how it works. The biopsy was December 19 and on the 22nd as we were expecting it was confirmed she has lung cancer. They got her in to an oncologist on the 26th.
Tomorrow more tests and scans and a brain MRI next week to see if it’s there. So far it’s only in her right lung. They have discussed with us on what they want to do for treatments after all the tests are in. The waiting game gets old but should know the attack plan in a couple weeks.
Side note she is retiring this Friday and I’ll be doing the same probably early summer if the treatments they want to do becomes reality !
I haven’t been on here much but hope that changes in the future as things become more normal for us.

I do have a fun thread that I’ll start later this summer! Thanks again for all the support on here and from the many texts and PMs!

Top Bottom