Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wed nov 9 anyone think tomorrow will be good

Hard to say but they will be on their feet IMO. Im going to a hidden Ridge top funnel that is a bit out of the wind but still will be cold and wet Im sure.

I have a meeting at 8:30 and after that I will be on stand the rest of the day. We are going to get some snow tonight and stay below forty degrees all day. I think they are gonna be moving for sure.

Does not matter wjat the weather does, rut happens no matter what. And bucks move searching. Bottom line you cant kill them being at home!

I'm putting my eggs in a basket for thursday, today was hands down the best day I have seen all season. This morning that is, rained till sunrise then the bucks were moving, saw 5 different bucks from light until 11:30 all cruising. Had one very mature old, smart 160's 10pt outsmart me from 80 yds guess they don't get that big and old for no reason. From prior days like today and tomorrow unless your hunting deep in the woods, bedding areas, does seem to not move as much at least in my area. I have a gut feeling that after 2 solid days of crappy weather they should be up and moving like crazy on thursday. The 10th is one of my favorite days to hunt seems to be the kick off of the breeding faze, find the does find the bucks. I'm hoping with this snow it slows things up (only because I cant hunt tomorrow). Good luck to anyone who toughs it out tomorrow will definitely be a mental battle. Today was a brutal all day sit, but when the deer are moving theres no place id rather be.

I am going to be sitting all day tomorrow too. I think it will be rocking and rolling. The wind sucks but oh well. Better than working by far. Thursday morning will be rocking too.

I sat today from 8 to 130 and saw only one year and a half moving, slowest rut in years for me. Odd hours to sit, but tried the middle of the day to catch a big boy cruising. Only thing I caught was a cold. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, ugh! Keep telling myself that.

I'm putting my eggs in a basket for thursday, today was hands down the best day I have seen all season. This morning that is, rained till sunrise then the bucks were moving, saw 5 different bucks from light until 11:30 all cruising. Had one very mature old, smart 160's 10pt outsmart me from 80 yds guess they don't get that big and old for no reason. From prior days like today and tomorrow unless your hunting deep in the woods, bedding areas, does seem to not move as much at least in my area. I have a gut feeling that after 2 solid days of crappy weather they should be up and moving like crazy on thursday. The 10th is one of my favorite days to hunt seems to be the kick off of the breeding faze, find the does find the bucks. I'm hoping with this snow it slows things up (only because I cant hunt tomorrow). Good luck to anyone who toughs it out tomorrow will definitely be a mental battle. Today was a brutal all day sit, but when the deer are moving theres no place id rather be.

I had the exact results you did. Struck out but had a heck of a viewing. What a busy morning! Came alive from 730-930am

Hit and miss for me also, last 2 days have been terribly slow in the spots I've picked but have heard of stuff moving everywhere, maybe it's just my choices...

Drove home yesterday to see bucks chasing does in what seemed liked every bean field I drove by.

Going out at 1pm.. after yesterday I have high hopes for today....I guess I always have high hopes. Expectations are high on a day like this. Good luck to all.

Also the day I see the activity really pick up in my area. I usually take the day off and hunt all day, with it being a Wednesday this year, I took the 11th instead to make it a 3 day weekend.

Wish I could be out. I love huntign right after a snow storm. The squirrels dont make a ton of racket, you can see a little better a little earlier. And after a front like we just had, the deer arre always up moving around. Just wish I could get away from work. Good luck!

I'm beginning to think we've hit lockdown. Personally I've seen breeding age buck movement slow dramatically.

I'm beginning to think we've hit lockdown. Personally I've seen breeding age buck movement slow dramatically.

Seems a bit early for lockdown in my opinion does are going to get bred all throughout they end of october clear up until december, if you've hunted the past 2 days weather has had a huge impact on deer movement. However, like stated before if lock down is happening these does still are going to feed, hunt their food and you'll soon find out if in fact bucks are molesting the does. I have a good suspision that they are still in this seek faze based on the first sets of "actual" seeking that i witnessed on Tuesday in my area (boone county). I'd say the best is yet to come if it isn't already starting IMO.

Seems a bit early for lockdown in my opinion does are going to get bred all throughout they end of october clear up until december, if you've hunted the past 2 days weather has had a huge impact on deer movement. However, like stated before if lock down is happening these does still are going to feed, hunt their food and you'll soon find out if in fact bucks are molesting the does. I have a good suspision that they are still in this seek faze based on the first sets of "actual" seeking that i witnessed on Tuesday in my area (boone county). I'd say the best is yet to come if it isn't already starting IMO.

My son was in our best stand over a food souce yesterday afternoon and had plenty of does but not one buck. This stand has typically had 1-3 bucks show up starting the last weekend in oct. but stopped the last few days. (we can scout from the road and are not always in the stand) Couple of our other stands that have been hot with buck movement have slowed down as well. I think we need to get more monring hunts in as a lot of the harvests I've been hearing about are in the morning.

i have hunted for 14 days straight and watched the buck movement come to a crawl went from seeing 20 deer to 2 was seeing atleast 1 shooter a day to nothing thats a drop no big buck movement just little bucks ,the next 7 days are going to be great after this front and the moon phase its all coming together

Top Bottom