Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Weird Cam Problem freaky

codywright

TENRINGER
So we checked and reset seven cameras the last week in July. Checked them Aug 24. All seven cams quit working around the 14 of Aug give or take a day. All cams were cuddebacks,predators. Three of the seven wont even turn on or work now. One of the others still had 56%battery after turning off and turning back on. Can anyone please tell me what the heck happened for this to happen! We are out 3 good cams and lots of money for them. They were only one year old cams. Seems really weird to me.

We had some really crappy weather here on the 14th with very strong winds, and huge hail. If they got wet internally or maybe got damaged from hail?

I would put new batteries in all of them and see if they turn on. Or maybe you got a bad batch of cards or something. Seems Odd

We had a problem like that earlier this summer couldnt ever figure it out it wouldnt turn on wouldnt turn on and then like three hours later I heard it taking pictures next to me in the truck. But it never saved any of the pictures.

Darn straight! I will call cuddeback and see what happens. We tried 3 different brands of new batteries and a boatload of cards. Nothing. Just curious to see if anyone else experienced anything weird with their cams. I would guess it would have to have been moisture or maybe lightning somehow. Or maybe they got too hot and melted something inside. IDK.

That is weird, please update this thread when/if you figure anything out.

I had a situation this summer that is similar, but on a smaller scale. I had 2 cams out from about mid-July to last Saturday, 8/20, with high expectations that we would have some nice pics. But we ended up with NOTHING!

I did not know I had a problem until later that night when I was back home checking the cards, but I was already going to change batteries, so I did that before I knew I had a problem. I still don't know what happened, I think one of the cams did use up the batteries, but I should have had pics up until that point.

I am curious about the potential for lightning to damage cams, but we haven't had any rain or lightning so i don't think that is it. It was warm, but these cams worked fine last year when it just as warm hanging on the exact same trees, so who knows?

Couple weeks ago I set a camera and left till last Sunday. I then came back and no pictures were on it turned out I somehow locked the chip.

You ain't going to believe this but that same week both my cuddy captures went haywire and ruined both cards that were in them. The camera themselves seem to be fine and are taking pic like normal now but both card are junk now. I had been using those cards for quite awhile so I don't think it was the cards?? First and only time that has ever happened to me

I bought two bushnells one before last summer and one before this summer..last yr I had one about this time go out cause it had water in it and then the newest one I had out from july 4th to aug 6th...got no pics and has same problem..wont turn on or anything had brand new batteries and Ive tried new batteries nothing..had a scoutguard that turned on but took no pics throughout the same time but I reset that one and hope it works. Be interesting to see what you come up with for the not turning on part.

Yeah, I usually buy the cheapest cams I can find, and they seem to work great :way: I have only had one have a bad card in it, but otherwise they all take pics... Isnt that right Hertel :moon:

I just checked my camera today and there were a lot of ANTS!! inside my camera hope they dont startmessing around and ruin something inside there.

You ain't going to believe this but that same week both my cuddy captures went haywire and ruined both cards that were in them. The camera themselves seem to be fine and are taking pic like normal now but both card are junk now. I had been using those cards for quite awhile so I don't think it was the cards?? First and only time that has ever happened to me

WOAH! Same here! It messed my card up and I have a Moultrie...

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38921

Last edited:
That is weird, please update this thread when/if you figure anything out.

I had a situation this summer that is similar, but on a smaller scale. I had 2 cams out from about mid-July to last Saturday, 8/20, with high expectations that we would have some nice pics. But we ended up with NOTHING!

I did not know I had a problem until later that night when I was back home checking the cards, but I was already going to change batteries, so I did that before I knew I had a problem. I still don't know what happened, I think one of the cams did use up the batteries, but I should have had pics up until that point.

I am curious about the potential for lightning to damage cams, but we haven't had any rain or lightning so i don't think that is it. It was warm, but these cams worked fine last year when it just as warm hanging on the exact same trees, so who knows?

We had some really crappy weather here on the 14th with very strong winds, and huge hail. If they got wet internally or maybe got damaged from hail?

Huh, that's weird...we all had our cams go out on the week/weekend of the storm.

i had the same thing happen with three of my cameras... im blaming it on the severe heat we had those couple weeks in july... thats just me though!

Did you get one of these on your cams? could be the reason all these trail cams are goin out....

398233161.jpg

Top Bottom