Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Weird tree markings?

The property sits 1/2 mile in from a dead end gravel road, in the middle of nowhere. I just can't imagine given the surrounding vegetation why someone would want to climb to the top of the tree and not be able to see anything!!!! The pictures don't do a good job of showing the depth of the scratches, it almost looks more like carving. It's definitely got me stumped!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowstring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like someones been climbing it with something. Not with a climber either. </div></div>

I would have to agree

Ok I did'nt wanna say it but I'm pretty sure is what has been rip'n my trees up... They are a very ghost like creature called African Barking Treefrogs.. They ARE real and someone I beleive shot and killed one a mile from my hunting grounds 2 days ago... The photos were emailed to me, but i was sworn to the grave not to post them.... If he wants to show them I will leave it up to him. Don't wanna start a THREAD RIOT, if ya know what i mean.

T250, just wondering if you could give me some more info on the hunting season dates for those frogs?! p.s. this is my favorite tree, I almost didn't want to share the pics.........!

If there were porcupines in that area I would have to say that is what did it. It does look like teeth marks to me.

Is the tree healthy? Looks as if it's sloughing off the bark at the beginning of some sort of disease or blight. Need Doubletree or Fieldservice or some other plant expert to look at it. Whats the guys handle that always posts about trees in the food plots forum???
Maggs

Maggs, the tree is healthy other than something ripping the bark away. I'm still thinking it's some sort of animal, but I've been wrong before.

Squirrel, We had a red oak tree in the front yard of the house I grew up in. One year the squirrels decided the bark was tastey, the results where very similiar. On the particular tree I noticed more chewing on the horizontal branches they sat on, but they chewed the main trunk also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowa1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there were porcupines in that area I would have to say that is what did it. It does look like teeth marks to me. </div></div>

I think Iowa1 got it, looks a lot like the markings we see in Northern Michigan made by porcupines.

Sorry, the harvesting of the ABTF is prohibited...The where hunted very hard in the 30's for there extremely intoxicating perfume like smell that there skin would give of.... Almost like a catnip, but for ladies... It was so effective that once you applied this to your body, your manly brut strength was no match for the swarm of females this would lure in....Very few have had the chance to try this dangerous, nose hair burning sensation of pure bliss.... I will tell you the name, but remember this is Iowa Whitetail.... our secrets stay here!.......

They call it............ "SEX PANTHER"

I'm with m_kat on this one. I've seen squirrels make marks just like that on trees. Can't say i've seen that many on one tree though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, the harvesting of the ABTF is prohibited...The where hunted very hard in the 30's for there extremely intoxicating perfume like smell that there skin would give of.... Almost like a catnip, but for ladies... It was so effective that once you applied this to your body, your manly brut strength was no match for the swarm of females this would lure in....Very few have had the chance to try this dangerous, nose hair burning sensation of pure bliss.... I will tell you the name, but remember this is Iowa Whitetail.... our secrets stay here!.......

They call it............ "SEX PANTHER" </div></div>

...by Odeon, its illegal in 9 countries. Its made with bits of real Panther, so you know its good.

Top Bottom