Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Well she finally pulled the trigger!

ISHEDHUNT

Life Member
I took my gal out this morning on her 3rd outing of the first muzzle loader season. Just a short update on what happened last weekend. We were a little late arriving last week and bumped a doe and 2 fawns on the way in, they in turn bumped a good buck out of his bed about 150 yards from the stands. I was a bit bummed, but knew there were other good bucks in this area. Well long story short I rattle and in comes a 150 class buck, he makes it to about 70 yards from the decoy. I told her you better shoot, well she had the cross hairs on his shoulder, but just just didn't pull the trigger. He trots away and I stop him, now he is about 110 yards away and she thought he was too far to shoot.

Now today we walk in and see the same 3 does, but they don't blow out of there like last week. After a short wait I rattle and we settle in and wait. About 10 minutes later we see the 3 does and what looks like another doe running up out of the draw away from us. I tell Steph something must have chased them. Well less than 5 minutes later here they all come. It was a small buck chasing the 3 does. Steph tells me I'm on him, heck I don't even have the camera going yet. I scramble to catch up with her. All I can hear is her telling me are you on him and then stop him! I bleated to him, but he heads right for the decoy. I'm wondering if she will shoot this time as he continues to walk and is now less than 10 yards from the decoy. Steph shoots and I can see him picking up his front leg and less than 30 yards later he piles up. She is beside herself. The video turned out awesome and except for a few select words I need to bleep from the tape it turned out great. She was a little disapointed once she saw him, but for a first deer he is a great one. The shot was right through the shoulder and took out the heart. All her practice paid off.

Steph2007012.jpg

Steph2007008.jpg

Steph2007002.jpg

Chris

Congrats to you and your wife Chris!!

I know how good it feels to watch your gal drop a deer!

The women are kicking butt and taking names this year!

hoofline.gif

Congrats Steph, nice deer! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #3366FF">Would you like to become a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #3366FF">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The shot was right through the shoulder and took out the heart. All her practice paid off.
</div></div>

Congrats on a great shot! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Tell her congrats Chris. The first one you will never forget, it's always in your memory like it happened yesterday.

Top Bottom