Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Went Home Today

Shovelbuck

Most of you have seen the photos I've posted in the past of areas that I hunt on the Loup River. A lot thinking it's a flat prairie in central Nebraska with a few trees scattered here and there. For the most part, that's true.
Today, I took a trip back to the land along the Platte River where I wore out untold amounts of shoe leather cutting my teeth on hunting and learning the outdoor life as a young lad.;) The land I grew up on is far from flat prairie and it was nice to say hello to that old friend again today.:way:
Thought I'd share a few pics with you guys.

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

dreamhill.jpg

oldnag.jpg

Beautiful country, Jay! As much as I love the mountains of the west, I still long for the hardwoods of Iowa at times.

I recently drove across NE at the end of Sept. We came south out of the black hills to Chadron then over to Valentine then southeast to Broken Bow and down to Grand Island then on 80 back to sw iowa. It was a gorgeous drive. I'd never been in the heart of the Sandhills like that, such a unique landform the Loup river is beautiful as well. NE is definitely not a just a flat grassland, it 's got some great scenery

Those cedar groves look like a shed hunter's dream! Congrats on getting back to your old stomping ground Jay!:way:

Top Bottom