Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

were to put stand up, or hunt

I jsut got permission to a new peice that is alot closer to were i live, i went out twice to hunt and scope the place out. It is currently in corn till next week. I sat were the red X iss in a oak tree. The first night i saw 2 spikes and 9 doe, i can only see about a 50 yard area so what entered the corn i dont know, the west timber that is in the picture is a very lengthy timber that i have been watching deer comeout of at night for the past 4 or 5 months. The east timber is a small 2 acre or so plot that has a drastic slop to it toward the creek.
I dont know if i should hunt in the center timber or on the north side of it. or sit on the creek. I hope the picture makes sense. keep in mind the south and north labeled, it may look opposite to some right off thebat.
and the dotted line is a fence line.
any help on ideas would be great.
picture.php

sorry about the awesome picture, i was trying to draw with a mouse on the computer, i know it wont win a award but hopefully it gets the point across
any help would be great
thanks

What is on the other side of the creek? More timber? How does the land lay? Does it slope down from the highway?

If you can post a picture of the land off google maps it might help a little more.

plot

the ground slopes down from the road, the other side of the creek has corn but it is getting removed now.the 4 to 6 acre pllot is v'd from south to north right down the center if that makes sense.

I would hang a stand in the NW corner of the middle timber. You could hunt it with any northwesterly wind. (If most of the deer are coming out of the timber to your west) If you could get into a tree along the crick for a south wind, that would be ideal. Then you could hunt with basically any wind other than east.

so dont worry about my scent blowing into the middle timber when i go to my nw stand, i just grabbed a stand this morning and will be going in the day that the corn is picked so i dont spook them a additional day before the rut get going.
I like the idea of the NW corner cause i know they are bedding were my X is and i dont exactly like postin right in there beds ide rather get them as they are coming from or going to there beds.

Top Bottom