Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What a week!

LoessHillsArcher

PMA Member
Well some very memorable days of deer hunting went on last week, can't say I was keep up in school and work but Russ and I had fun in the woods!

It started off Saturday Oct. 25th in the morning. Rattled up a 1.5yr old buck, he came running in! Then a half hour later had a doe and fawn come in. Russ got the whole hunt on film as I smoked a doe. This was a good start to the last few days of Oct.!

Then we kept the ball rolling when Monday and Tuesday we chased after a buck in the urban managment hunt. Russ had the tag and I had the camera. He wasn't sure what he was going to shoot, he said he'd let me know when the time came...well this was the buck he said after he shot! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif We had hunted hard in the park and weren't sure how much more time we'd have to dedicate to this hunt. Needless to say it was a fun few days as the bucks were starting to chase and Russ got himself a good one..and first on film!
100_1089.jpg

100_1082.jpg

then we took a couple days off to keep our lives outside of hunting up to par! took some time to catch up and were back on the road Thursday. Friday Oct. 31st we were back in the deer stand and right at dawn a 3.5yd old 8pt walked under our tree, awesome encounter but too dark to video. Then at 9:00 a lone doe worked her way into 20 yds and Russ smacked her!
100_1095.jpg

We hunted the same stand the following morning. We weren't afraid of burning it out as the wind was still right and we hadn't stirred the area up the day before. Right at dawn a some deer were coming our way through the timber. We could hear them but not see them. All of a sudden a BIG doe steps out at 13yds...I had to make the decision to shoot or see what was behind her. I couldn't pass up the shot and smoked her! Then I grabbed the grunt tube and hit it a couple times. Same trail..out stepped another doe. Smoked her and watched her fall. Another awesome hunt Russ caught on film!
100_1101.jpg

100_1103.jpg

Things really slowed down after that, buck movement and deer movement in general all but stopped with the warm/windy weather. We'll see what happens in the next few days after some weather change!

You boys are havin' a heck of a year!

keep it up and congrats on all the success so far!!!!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

That is a huge rub behind your harvest photo of your buck. Congrats and keep em coming! Way to get them on film.

Top Bottom