Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What are your favorite off season activities?

Right now I'm busy playing hockey, shedding and ice fishing for big Pike.
Once spring rolls around it'll turn into dragging blades for big walleyes, chuckin' big bucktails for more big pike and the odd game of golf with the father in law. Not much of a golfer, I'd rather spend the $$ on hunting and fishing but it's nice to get out every now and then, tip a few back and hang a good old fashioned a$$whippin on my wife's dad!!!LOL

Working, gourmet cooking, turkey hunting, home improvements, meditation, fitness, Thai food, Indian food, 90 gallon African cichlid tank, playing with my dogs and cat, organic gardening, action movies, expanding my spiritual horizons, hikingand spending lots of quality time with my hubby
evil.gif

Boys, i hate to say it but i cant think of anything more boring on tv than nascar...well hold on a second....there is the LPGA.
evil.gif
jester.gif

Well everyone has said wht i like to do. Fishing for smallies and walleyes on the Upper Iowa
Scouting deer
Turkeys
Mushrooms
That pretty much takes me full circle to next deer season

DOR once again thats funny! I drive my Jeep to work every day down the interstate at 65 to 90 mph, now that is a rush , I see no need to watch people drive on my own time. Golf my god do people really watch that on TV, I would rather be at the dentist.

icon_headbang.gif

I try to take car of all the "honey do's" so that when fall rolls around, I have more time to hunt. Other than that, turkey hunting, fishing, ice fishing, 3D shoots, scout, hang stands, make arrows, tune broadheads.....

DOR,
That is what I thought until I went to a race. You just have no idea until you see it in person.

ShedMd add another 100 MPH to the 90 and you are talkin...
evil.gif

I know what you mean Limb I have a 360cc in my Jeep, but that dang on gov limiter keeps me from going 200mph. Those guys have it easy, I would like to see them drive around Washington and Baltimore at the speeds I do and not wind up in traction.

icon_headbang.gif

Spring and summer I work a lot, drink a fair number of cold ones, trap shoot, bow shoot (not 3D shoots), yard/house work and in all honesty, finalize stand sites, drive country roads at dusk, and prepare myself for bow season. I also like to spend time with my family (most of all) as we all do the bow shooting together.

Shed hunt, Turkey hunt, Morels, Restore/Replicate antlers, Fossil hunt, spend time with family and friends. Putz around with antique tractors.

...there's an off-season?...
confused.gif

...every year I tell myself I am gonna clean out my old pick-up after the season...problem is that after bird season comes shed hunting, then turkey hunting, then morel hunting, then clay bird season, then duck season, goose season, deer season, pheasant season and then it starts all over again!...my truck hasn't been cleaned out in 5 years...
doah.gif

In the off-season, I think about deer, scout for deer, watch deer, look for deer, practice shooting at deer (targets), try to grow bigger deer, oh yea, I go fishing, hunt pheasants and fur. And try to keep my wife happy.
wall.gif
I forgot, I have a job I go to also.

Non-deer related activities... uhh...does this exclude shed hunting?
confused.gif
~ 3D & archery, painting & drawing, wildlife photography, graphic design, reading, hiking, & fishing to name a few.

Top Bottom