Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What backpack?

kevpann

PMA Member
Hey guys, I was watching midwest whitetail the other day and they were hauling there decoys out on some kind of back pack. I assume it was probably a badlands pack. What model works the best for hauling a decoy?

I believe they were using the Badlands 2200. That's the same way I carry mine if I'm not walking through a bunch of brush or timber.

Badlands 2200 is the last pack you will ever buy. Great, lightweight, and warranty that won't be beat.

Kratz

Question: I have a camelback backpack that I carry stuff in it, and the first time I filled it with water for first season shotgun here in Iowa, the water froze in the mouthpiece and tube...any ideas how to prevent this from happening?

Badlands 2200 is the last pack you will ever buy.

Not necessarily! :grin:

I use my Badlands 2200 mostly for turkey hunting. I strap my DBB on it and carry the decoys inside the pack. I have used the 2200 to carry my Lone Wolf and necessary clothing for tree stand hunting. However when tree stand hunting I mostly use my Badlands Super Day Pack. I secure it to my LW stand and pack them in together.

I am about to purchase two Badlands Monster Fanny packs, one in Winter Camo and the other in RealTree AP. I want these two fanny packs for predator hunting to carry my E-call and other calling stuff.

Ron,
Shoot me a PM, I have a monster fanny pack in real tree I will sell you for $75. The thing has been used about 4 times.

I gotta chime in here (first post by the way) ... I recently picked up an eberlestock X2: http://eberlestock.com/X2%20Pack.htm

I was in the market for a medium all-around hiking/hunting/camping pack with hydration capabilities, but this is marketed as a hunting pack. It is always shown in hunting camo, but I got mine in the coyote brown-like dry earth.

It is very well thought out and designed and constructed (with more detail than I ever expected), and obviously tough as nails. I have only used it once, but I can say that it carries a lot of weight very well, and can haul 4 liters of water in two hydration packs very comfortably.

It is a smaller pack that holds its weight like a large one. And the PALS webbing and the outer flaps and straps allow for endless configurations to carry cumbersome stuff. And eberlestock's forte seems to be packs designed to carry rifles, so you can easily integrate their gun sheaths into the pack on the PALS webbing.

Top Bottom