Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What binocs do you like for bowhunting?

KnuckleDragr

Hey I'm in the market for some new 10x42 binocs. Had an older model of Bushnell Trophy's for years until they finally broke(the focusing mechanism). I really loved these binocs and I'm leaning towards getting another pair of them, but I can't help but look at some of the others out there. I don't want to spend more than $300, and want to stay with 10 power. Here's what I'm looking at:

Bushnell Trophy XLT
Bushnell Excursion EX
Nikon Monarch ATB
Nikon Prostaff 7
Leopold BX-2 Acadia
Leopold BX-2 Cascade

If anybody out there uses any of these, let me know what you like/don't like about them.Thanks!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Just read a bunch of reviews on the Vortex. Definately gonna look at these too.

With the price point you mentioned above, I'd go with the Vortex, hands down. I just picked up a Vortex Nomad spotting scope and have used their binoculars before. I love their glass. You won't regret a pair of Vortex!

Im on the poor mans Binos and have 2 pairs of Red Head. One for hunting and one for the truck. For $100 or less they are really good clarity and very durable. I cant see spending alot of money on Binos but then again if I had lot of money it prolly would be a big deal. Also have a Red Head spotting scope and its good as well.

I'm not sure what a pair of 10x ZenRay' would run you but you'd be a fool not to consider them. I looked thru gersdorfs 8x this last weekend and was extremely impressed. I'd say Zens are better than Nikons and Leupolds in your price range. If I compared the Zens to Vortex I'd say they're pretty even.

Another vote for Vortex or Zen Ray. I personally use Vortex binos, but have a friend that has Zen Rays and he loves them.

One of those brands are far better glass and value than some of the bigger brands like Leupold, Nikon, or Bushnell in the same price range.

I've never owned a pair of really good glassing binos, never had the need for them. I use compact binos for the hunting that I do. I've gone through numerous pairs of cheapies (bushnell, tasco etc.) they suck! My most recent pair that I've had for 3 or 4 years now is are 10x26 Vortex Typhoon's. The quality is unreal in comparison. Even comparing my compact vortex to a "nice" set of bushnell, I'd take the vortex any day hands down.

I actually have a Bushnell Trophy XLT 10x42 Bone Collector ones.
I really like them actually, used them through all seasons and seemed to work well for me.
But then again, some others may not agree with me, but I like mine.

I just bought a pair of redfield rebels they are 10 x 42s and I love them for the money I cannot complain would of loved to of picked up a pair of Nikon prostaffs but I can't complain with the redfields

I have a pair of Zen Rays and love them. paid $209, to my door. 10x42! Best glass I have seen for around $200. :way:

I have the Leupold Cascades and they are a great bino. I did have to send a pair in after 3 years use becasue the treads on the eye cup were plastic and one eye cup stripped out. They sent a new pair of binos to my door very fast. Very clear and don't fog up very easily.

I have not read all the replies but I would encourage you to stick with an 8X for Iowa bow hunting. Much more comfortable glassing close up cover. I have had great luck with monarchs for the money. Nikon stands behind their product. I recently bought 10X Vortex and they are sweet but to much for magnification for comfortable glassing close up IMO.

I've had a few different pairs over the years ,but with out a dought for the money the Cabelas Euros are the best on the market. I happen to live close to the store and got mine on sale for around 600.00 but I see them in the bargin cave all the time people buy them use them for a trip then get there money back. The lowest I've seen them is 500.00 and O ya there is no better warranty then an in house warranty. I say save your cash and get the Euros one and done.

Top Bottom