Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What boots to get?

Buzz

I've had a pair of Muck boots now for 5+ years, and it's time for a fresh set of tires. Although very happy with my Muck's, what would you guys recommend in a rubber/neoprene boot that is light and keeps you warm for bowhunting (and that won't break the bank)?

Mucks have my vote as well....It only takes me one season to destroy a pair though. how do you keep yours going for 5?

Tell me about these Muck boots and why you like em?? I'd sure take a look at those!!
I might get a new set.

I'm a little over-board on my boots, previously I have some light 8-10" high rubber boots for earlier season (short so they don't get smelly- I just cut down a set of barn boots). Then insulated rubbers later- HATE how easy they get punctured though. FINALLY, I got some Irish Setter Pack type boots (really light though and easy to walk/climb) that are rated at something like -100 below (ok, those ratings are always garbage) for late season. Love those sock liners that wick sweat away too and good socks on top.

Tell me about these Muck boots and why you like em??

They're comfy, warm (they make different models with more/less insulation for early/late season), well made, 'scent resistant' and the price is in line with other quality boots.

I absolutely LOVE mine and would HIGHLY recommend them!

Rubber boots are a gr8 way to break an ankle; been there done it. I kill deer in leather boots just as well as I did when I wore the ankle breakers.

guess I'll be the oddball and suggest the lacrosse alpha line. got a pair of 400s that have survived 6 years of deer/turkey hunting. got a pair of 1500s that'll be 5 this year. my ankles love 'em...............:p

Top Bottom