Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what caliber size for muzzleloader?

Most are .50 cal. You can get .45 and even go a little larger than .50 but I don't know much about those. By far the most popular and available size and accessories will be .50 cal.

There are also .32, .36, .45, .52, .54 and many more but for deer hunting, .50 is the most popular. I have also owned a .45 and still have my old Renegade .54 but do most my hunting with a .50.

I have a .45 caliber and it is by far the most accurate gun I've ever shot...that being said its a pain in the butt to find accessories for it...get the .50 and don't look back.

you might want to check the regs in the state/s you plan to hunt because some have size restrictions

you might want to check the regs in the state/s you plan to hunt because some have size restrictions

A very good point. Some states (at least out west) also have restrictions on the types of sights you can use (no fiber optic, no scopes, etc.) and what type of bullet you can use.

Top Bottom