Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you do?

GIVE IT BACK TO UR BUDDY ...last year my buddy shot a big 10 and we looked for 3 days didnt find it... well during shotgun the guy that owns the land found it and called him that night... he asked if he wanted to see it and my buddy said i would like to have it... the guy said that he was going to ero mount it and said he could look at it..... well that made my buddy mad... he said what could he do it was his land and didnt want to lose the hunting rights because hes the only one that could hunt it.....

He really don't sound like much of a buddy to me. Not giving up the bone to a friend is really only a glimpse of the man's charachter.

No question if I knew who shot I would be turning it over to the rightful owner and be happy to do so. I've been on the opposite end of this situation before and its frustrating to say the least, especially when they won't even give you the common courtesy to at least see it.

On a side note, If you fatally wound a deer but are unable to find it, I think you should consider your tag filled! and yes, I practice what I preach!

You can proably get it back pretty easily. Just watch E-BAY and out bid the last bidder. Pretty sad what we have degraded into over antlers isn't it.

Well I have shot 33 deer with my bow since I started in 04 and have never lost a deer other then that one. So practice isn't what I need. If you bow hunt long enough you are going to lose one at some point. If you consider your tag filled after not finding an animal you are accepting defeat!

(i take it back) I lost a few in the 30yrs hunting.it sucks! practice just makes me know inside that i did everything right and i will spend as much time as i can looking for the deer before i get back in the stand.

On a side note, If you fatally wound a deer but are unable to find it, I think you should consider your tag filled! and yes, I practice what I preach!

So SB you are telling us that after you exhaust a search you throw that

tag away and go and buy another one or you are done hunting?

Id give it to your buddy. My neighbor gut shot a buck a couple years ago and I got a picture of it going past my camera the next day on its death walk. I went and found it and brought it back to him. He shot it and I can only hope he will do the same for me in the futher if I run into the same situation.

I am not saying a guy shouldn't practice. I was saying that lack of practice wasn't the problem. I shoot well over 1000 arrows a year.... This all happened last year.... When I finally got to see the deer I shot he told me he would give it to me but his kid likes it.

So, let me get this straight... You shot a buck with your bow... weren't able to find it (unfortunately) and your "buddy" found it during shotgun season, you described it perfectly, and he WON'T give it to you????

Sounds like your "buddy" can't kill anything big enough to brag about himself so he has to ride your coat tails to make himself feel adequate....

Hope you get it back, you deserve it.

I had this happen to me last year and was fortunate enough to have cool friends. I shot a buck in mid november. I have been bow hunting for awhile and was confident that the shot was a kill shot. We looked for 2 days and could not find it. I let as many people know as I could because I was sure the buck would be found somewhere on or around the property. 1 of our friends found it in some really thick stuff around a pond only 100-150 yards from the stand I shot it in (he circled back around). I got the rack and he got 3 cases of beer. That's the way it should be done.

THA4 said:
So, let me get this straight... You shot a buck with your bow... weren't able to find it (unfortunately) and your "buddy" found it during shotgun season, you described it perfectly, and he WON'T give it to you????

Sounds like your "buddy" can't kill anything big enough to brag about himself so he has to ride your coat tails to make himself feel adequate....

Hope you get it back, you deserve it.

This is correct.

Top Bottom