Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you think about T-giving week?

wegner36

Unfortunatly i have all of T-giving week off to hunt, i wish it were a little earlier in the month, say this week or next. but i'm just gonna go with it....How do you guys think that week will be for being in the tree?

Nothing but big boys cruising...
thumbs_up.gif

I would personally rather be in a stand during the week of T-giving this season versus the 14th to the 18th. Over the years, some of the bigger bucks I have seen have been during the week of Thanksgiving (one big ten on T-Day morning that I did not get). Good luck.

Go at it with a positive attitude and know that there are a lot of really big deer at that time that are cruising...hoping for one last chance at love. I know in our area, that is the time that some of the biggest bucks check out new areas and disperse.

I'll find myself in the stand around then too.

I've had some close encounters with some large bucks during that time.

Might not be as active as it is right now, but I doubt you'll be disappointed.

I too have this situation and have this question, Will rattling still be effective at that time or do I just need to be where they are cruising?

Thanks

I know lots of big bucks get killed that week....
id say go with it!!!!

The great thing about this site is the ability to hear a lot of people who are serious about deer, so this is just one person's opinion on rattling. I have had almost no success with rattling, in fact I have had some bad experiences with rattling this time of year...especially if a good buck is with a doe. If he hears rattling...my experience is he will work that doe to the other side of the world to keep her away...which is also the danger of rattling "blind".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JaketheRipper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had my best luck 4 days either side of T-Giving. </div></div>

Same here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iowaqdm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JaketheRipper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had my best luck 4 days either side of T-Giving. </div></div>

Same here. </div></div>

Ditto...consider yourself lucky rather then feel like your missing out /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I have seen more big bucks around Thanksgiving than any other time of year. They can be very eager to come to a doe bleat.

Fletch

Top Bottom