Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you think about this?

I hunt next to a farm that has tons of little goats. It sounds like children being murdered in the early morning and late evening. The first time I heard I was absolutely freaking out lol.

Try baiting black bears in the spring up in Alaska and having to get down out of your stand after you just had a boar grizzly on your bait for an hour right before dark who left in the direction of your ATV. You have 2 options - sleep in your stand or shoot every bullet in your handgun as you damn near run to your wheeler to get the hell out of there. I laugh in the dark walking to my stand back here in the Midwest when I think about that night up in AK. :)

If you get nervous here in the dark just carry a big mag light instead of wearing a headlamp - serves a dual purpose.

You all remember when that movie Blair Witch Project or whatever came out. & the person was maybe like floating 6" off the ground. Me and my bros hated walking out of the woods that whole season and I had the creeps that whole year. I think I remember running back to the vehicle to get the heck outta there. :)

Ahhh, the Blair Witch Project...Filmed not too far from me here in Maryland. Scared people pretty darn good for such a low budget film!!

I had a similar experience bow hunting from the ground. I was walking through some switchgrass and knew something was following me, every time I stopped it stopped. I finally got to the field edge and set up for my hunt. 30 seconds later a skunk followed my exact trail and decided to walk up and sniff my leg for literally 1 minute...I was fully expecting a mountain lion...don't think I've ever been that still for so long.

Also, here is the watch list the night before this year's first bowhunt:
- The Grey
- The Fourth Kind

I had a similar experience bow hunting from the ground. I was walking through some switchgrass and knew something was following me, every time I stopped it stopped. I finally got to the field edge and set up for my hunt. 30 seconds later a skunk followed my exact trail and decided to walk up and sniff my leg for literally 1 minute...I was fully expecting a mountain lion...don't think I've ever been that still for so long.

Also, here is the watch list the night before this year's first bowhunt:
- The Grey
- The Fourth Kind

I personally would have rather seen 2 mt lions come out and sniff my leg than 1 skunk. I hate those black and white striped devil cats with every fiber of my body. Pure hatred, and I'm quite intimidated by them when its dark.

nannyslayer said:
I personally would have rather seen 2 mt lions come out and sniff my leg than 1 skunk. I hate those black and white striped devil cats with every fiber of my body. Pure hatred, and I'm quite intimidated by them when its dark.

Ya x2 on the skunk had 1 walk right under me while I was climbing down the stand, I haven't climbed a tree so fast in my life.

I was never to spooked in the dark until I was about 14 and coon hunting with dad we had two dogs and one had treed on another tree so dad told me to stay put with the first dog and then he would be back with our other dog then it happen my light died the leaves were wet and out of the blue 10 ft behind dad yelled are you ready I thought I was couldve touched the top limb of a huge white oak dad still laughs about to this day

The first year I bow hunted I walking through the timber to my tree stand before sunup. I heard something fallowing me so I stopped and turned out. Only to end up being face to face with a white enormous (was only 14 at the time). Dropped my bow and ran only to have the horse trot after me, ever since that day I have hated horses and have never set foot back in that timber when its dark.

Top Bottom