Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you think?

Tyler2004

I need some help figuring out if this deer is old or young. He has a big roman nose but his body is'nt very big. Tell me what you think.
1199ICAM0014-med.JPG
1199ICAM0019-med.JPG
1199ICAM0011.JPG

My two cents- he is a four and a half or better. Just like we all won't grow into 6' 6" 320# linebackers, not all deer are going to eventually dress 250. One of my best archery deer was at least 5 1/2, grey muzzled and swaybacked and dressed 165 lbs. This is off the same farm where I have shot 225 lb field dressed 3 1/2 year olds. Each buck is an individual, and the distinct "roman nose" shows some age, he will look like a completely different animal come October 20th.

I would be another one to put him at 3.5 he doesnt have the saggin belly or back to be really old.

Dean

3.5 I am looking at the distance of the neck to the shoulders. Plus the facial features don't look like an old one to me.

i really don't think he is very old but I have been wrong before.

So much easier to tell in oct.-nov.

He has the 3.5 look to me. Chest would be deeper that the rear with more belly and back sag. I would pass him if you can and you think he has a decent chance to see another season. Could be real good with that double beam.

[ QUOTE ]
He has the 3.5 look to me. Chest would be deeper that the rear with more belly and back sag. I would pass him if you can and you think he has a decent chance to see another season. Could be real good with that double beam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! Keep an eye on him and he'll be a dandy next year. Tyler keep me posted on new pics.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom