Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you use?

blake

Life Member
gun&bag.gif

I thought perhaps in might be interesting to see what everyone is using in their muzzleloading firearms.

As always please feel free to post comments and agree to disagree. :D:D:D:D

pawlinebrown.gif

Last edited:
been using that 777, but i am strongly considering switching to Blackhorn 209.... im gonna try it out at least!

iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

PMA Memberships & Renewals and IBA Memberships & Renewals

gun&bag.gif

I use Black Powder only in my sidelock rifles and shotgun. I think I get better ignition with it. I have tried Pyrodex before but found ignition to be inconsistent.

I use only Triple7 in my Knight’s, I at one time used Pyrodex in them also. Ignition was good using Pyrodex but fowling was a problem.

I don’t mind cleaning my firearms no matter what type of propellant I use. I find cleaning the muzzleloader part of the enjoyment of muzzleloading.

pawlinebrown.gif

Last edited:
Maybe I didn't read the POLL CORRECTLY, but I use loose Pyrodex in my Lyman sidelock rifles and in a Knight TK2000 shotgun. I use either Pyrodex or 777 pellets in my Knight Disc. I believe that if you are going to clean them, you might as well clean them right with hot soapy water and such no matter what you are burning. I have used lots of Goex in the past , but it is getting really hard to buy it any where here.

Top Bottom