Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what form?

The regs only state "between two tines"
The main beam and the g3 are good enough for me. That deer was tagged and reported before I moved it 5' to gut it.
If im cited for tagging it improperly the CO can clean the sticky adhesive off the antler for me. And people wonder why nobody wants to post a pic on this forum...
I put the tag in that spot so it would be easy to clean the adhesive off instead of in the beading.
Where does one place a tag on a spike buck?? It is supposed to be reported as an antlered buck according to the 2013 regs.

The regs only state "between two tines"
The main beam and the g3 are good enough for me. That deer was tagged and reported before I moved it 5' to gut it.
If im cited for tagging it improperly the CO can clean the sticky adhesive off the antler for me. And people wonder why nobody wants to post a pic on this forum...
I put the tag in that spot so it would be easy to clean the adhesive off instead of in the beading.
Where does one place a tag on a spike buck?? It is supposed to be reported as an antlered buck according to the 2013 regs.

I'm not trying to hassle you man. A warden could cause you grief. Most are cool and wouldn't raise a stink. I've wrapped legs and had the tags fall off in the Classic Iowa weather like we're having right now. It's a nice buck and that's why I wouldn't want to tag it that way to risk getting hassled or having one fall off. The adhesive will come off with some lacquer thinner or just elbow grease for future reference. The reason why I mentioned it is because they go into great detail on where the tag needs to go. I think it could easily be defended based on the directions in the regs. It's a nice buck and I do honestly appreciate you taking the time to share him with us. Good luck with the mount, hope he turns out well for you.

Thanks alot. Once I decide on a form ill let everyone know. I will also be posting the story and trail cam pics in the harvest report here one of these days

Top Bottom