Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what herbicide?

killer buck

Im going to plant a food plot soon im planting pro graze from evolved habitats it contains, Forage Brassica, Perennial Forage Clover, and Perennial Forage Chicory. What do you think the best herbicide is?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killer buck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im going to plant a food plot soon im planting pro graze from evolved habitats it contains, Forage Brassica, Perennial Forage Clover, and Perennial Forage Chicory. What do you think the best herbicide is? </div></div>

Tell us a little what your plans are?

What is the area in now? Sod? Crops?

Are you going to spray the area first?

Usually a late summer seeding of brassicas on tilled ground won't need herbicides.

If it is in sod now, I would kill the sod with Roundup, give it a week, till it up good, plant the brassica mix and then see what happens.

Select grass herbicide will control foxtail or other grasses if they come up and present a problem later on. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killer buck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its already sprayed and all tilled up </div></div>

Then you should be good to go if your planting brassicas.

Usually they are thick enough to dominate any weed growth.

There are herbicides like Dual Magnum that can be sprayed right after planting but 2 1/2 gallons will set you back nearly 300 bucks so hardly worth it for a food plot.

As I mentioned, if you have a grass problem after everything comes up, then you can use a grass herbicide like Select but broadleafs you'll be stuck with until it freezes.

I don't think I had a weed one in mine because it was so thick /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Where is a good place to buy Select (I'm assuming that's what I need for grass control in clover?)in smaller quantities? Stopped at the local elevator and all they had were huge jugs. No luck at Fleet Farm, at all. Any suggestions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grasshopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is a good place to buy Select (I'm assuming that's what I need for grass control in clover?)in smaller quantities? Stopped at the local elevator and all they had were huge jugs. No luck at Fleet Farm, at all. Any suggestions? </div></div>

Select is also sold under generic labels like Arrow and Volunteer (see the Herbicide Thread for more info)

Here is an ebay source however I would shoot nannyslayer a PM and check with him. He can ship a gallon right to your door.

That's where I got mine... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Excellent! I appreciate your help so much. One of the reasons I enjoy this site. Not only just a lot of fun, but help and advice beyond compare /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom