Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what is a good brand and make of muzzleloader

DOUBLE LUNG

What i am looking for is some input on some brand of muzzleloaders. I am wondering if i should go Knight, CVA, Winchester, Traditions, Thompson's Center, and what are the best model of which ever brand you all enjoy. Would like to spend anywhere between $250 and $500.

I've got a TC Encore and really like the flexibility of swapping out the barrels. Just my 2 cents.

i really like knight rifle. there are alot of good muzzleloaders out there. cva, thomson, ect. knight rifles are from iowa.

There are a lot of good muzzleloaders out there. I own a Knight and love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

KNIGHT IS DEFINETLY A SHOOTER...
rambo.gif
... RELIABLE AND A TACK DRIVER. THE ONLY WAY TO GO IMO
waytogo.gif

I'm a knight man also, i have the old school, knight wolverine, want to get a super 45 disc or disc extreme though, im sure whatever you choose will be just fine, goodluck!!!

I have an TC Encore ML rifle and love it. It costs a little more than others out there but I can switch out barrels or whatever. I can shoot it effectivly out to 175 yards with good grouping.

I had a T/C Encore & never liked the hammer (even with an extension) under the scope. Just too close even with thin gloves. It shot lights out groups though. I sold it & went with the entry level Knight Wolverine. I'd say it shoots at least as good as the T/C which is better than I could hold either of them. I think the trigger is a little better on the Knight.

I too shoot a Knight and think it is a tack driver. The only thing I don't like about it is cleaning it. If I were to buy a new one, I would probably look hard at the new Knight Revolution, the TC Omega, or the Winchester Apex. The Encore is probaly another good one but while many like the idea of being able to swap barrels, I thought it was too pricy and you could just buy another gun instead of the barrels. You can never have too many guns.

Also, I think a better questions for this thread would have been "What is a BAD brand" or "What don't you like about your muzzleloader".
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

T/C Omega/ with Leupold scope 8" low at 200 yards, and punching holes at 70 yards. Easy to clean, weather sealed and does not need some plastic jacket for the primer.
sniper.gif

I have a cheap-o CVA Stag Horn and I love it. Can't beat the price $100 and it is as accurate as my brother in laws Knight that he spent $200 more. No disrespect to Knight, they make a great gun but if your just starting out muzzleloading, as I am it is a good gun to start with.

In my mind encores are not the way to go. Their break action really wrecks any chance of really being able to run them in. They dont have near the accuracy as a fixed framed rifle. Plus those bright plastic disks are a life saver on a cold day when you got gloves on.
smile.gif

ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR WHAT I RUN, I OWN A CVA MAGNUM HUNTER WITH THE 209 PRIMER. GOOD IGNITION SYSTEM BAD GUN, CLEANING IS A FEMALE DOG AND SEEMS TO WANDER AFTER 50 YARDS OR SO. I HEARD THAT THEY HAVE HAD MEGA TROUBLE WITH THME AND THERE HUNTER BOLT. I BOUGHT A ENCORE THIS YEAR AND MY OLD ONE IS BEING MADE INTO A BOAT ANCHOR.
grin.gif

I have an .45 Encore that I load with 150 grains of pellets and 195 powerbelts. Shoots a three shot one hole (holes touching) group at 100 yards. Very accurate. Been very happy with it. Nothing wrong with a quality Knight either. I would look for any of these guns with ease of cleaning and loading features.

when i started muzzleloading i went through 2 guns in less than a year before i got my Knight MK-85. i thought that by buying cheaper guns i'd be beating the system...wrong. after trading in or returning my other 2 guns i ended up paying way more out of pocket than i would have by buying a Knight right off the bat. hindsight is always 20-20, get a good quality gun right off the bat. Knight if you want my opinion.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom