Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What is firmware?

Lucky13

i realize i ask alot of questions on this site but i love to learn new things...so heres my question for today..

What i this "firmware" stuff? how do i know if a camera needs it....where do you get it from?

Frimware is usually a chipset followed by a download of software to run the chipset. It can also be just one or the other. Some chips need a software update to turn up some features of the product after the manufacturer discovers a flaw in the product. Clear as mud now, right???

Frimware is usually a chipset followed by a download of software to run the chipset. It can also be just one or the other. Some chips need a software update to turn up some features of the product after the manufacturer discovers a flaw in the product. Clear as mud now, right???

I am intentionally stupid about trail cameras because I am a photographer and we compete but what I do know is "I don't want to have to update my trail cameras" I just want them to work. That said, I don't want to go out and have to buy new ones all the time either so if I stop fighting the manufacture and do the "update" I get new life with same box. Is this what you guys are talking about? As it relates to trail cameras?

I am intentionally stupid about trail cameras because I am a photographer and we compete but what I do know is "I don't want to have to update my trail cameras" I just want them to work. That said, I don't want to go out and have to buy new ones all the time either so if I stop fighting the manufacture and do the "update" I get new life with same box. Is this what you guys are talking about? As it relates to trail cameras?

Good question Tony? 651, has given me the updates for my Reconyx cameras, but I never seem to get around to doing it. And back to the other thread... I sure liked my Cudde flash cameras, just wish I had more than 1 that still works.:( They used to be be great cameras

Think of firmware as a software upgrade to your trail am. As manufacturers update their camera software, they will put out firmware updates to make your camera up to date with the technology and software they are using. Hope that helps.

they are usually on the manufacturers website under support. It should tell you on the website how to see if you have the latest update.

Top Bottom