Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What is this weed?

DOMeNATION

Eastern Iowa
files

This weed is popping up all over my food plots this year. Does anybody know what it is?

That is definitely not waterhemp or pigweed. Looks almost like volunteer shrubs rather than a weed but tough to tell from the picture.

I had this in some of my customers fields.... It is a volunteer ash tree is what I come to the conclusion it was. If it has a woody stem thats what it is.

first off - there are multiple plant species in the relatively unclear photo...but I assume your concern is the serrate leaved plant

it's definitely not clover and definitely not ash trees.

for taxonomy purposes, a clear picture of the single plant is needed with a clear picture of leaf structure.

Anyway you could get or provide more pics?

Sorry about the picture quality. I will have to try to get a better one. We have already mowed this plot once and this stuff keeps up with the chicory and clover when coming back.

Sorry about the picture quality. I will have to try to get a better one. We have already mowed this plot once and this stuff keeps up with the chicory and clover when coming back.

Your picture is clear, but not zoom-able...which makes is hard to distinguish the "traits" needed for using ID dichotomous keys.

Trying to ID based on cotyledons and/or new growth can be challenging.

Top Bottom