Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What is wrong with PEOPLE!!!

That's bs!! there are people down by our farms who take out shotguns in their stands during archery season. Poaching goes on all the time down there. Poaching is poaching whatever season it happens to be done in.

Easy hot sauce, no one is disagreeing with you or the OP.

However in the grand scheme of things this type of stuff is generally witness first hand a hell of a lot more during Iowa's guns seasons.

Easy hot sauce, no one is disagreeing with you or the OP.

However in the grand scheme of things this type of stuff is generally witness first hand a hell of a lot more during Iowa's guns seasons.

I would agree, how many trucks do you see parked during bow season vs. shotgun season(s). Way more chaos and guns blazing than your typical October morning.

Last edited:
I think people are lazy and impatient anymore. Poaching happens all seasons, but gun is worse because people that dont bowhunt are generally less patient and more worried about taking a buck home. They hunt a few days a year and are not prepared to go home empty handed. An influx of nonresidents coming in then leaving the area is a contributing factor as well. Not everyone is like this but unfortunately the bad ones are the ones you hear about.

re

Good job getting the plates and calling the Law. I always start taking cell phone pics also to build a case on them when caught.

Pfft... Those are squirrel hunters. Jk.. I've never really heard shots from my stand except for the waterfowl hunters on the marshes and lakes
I hear shots every year and just have to wonder. Also have watched vehicles stop on the road, including a well known nationwide delivery service truck once...but I'm guessing the driver just had to relieve him/herself! Never had someone stop and shoot, so can't and am not saying they have been poaching. Usually makes me wonder what I'm missing about 50-100 yards away!

I wish I would have taken pictures, in hind sight I should have stopped and just videoed them dragging the deer out of the field, but I guess I wanted to give people the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe they had permission in there. Then by the time I got to talking to them they were making me so mad I lost track of everything else except how bad these guys were pissing me off. Heat of the moment I guess.

Pics would have been nice, but I'm guessing a lot of people would have thought about that afterwards as well. Think you did well by thinking to get the plates. Also, probably better to keep cool if they have loaded guns in hand...might also get more info out of them if you act "dumb" or go along with what they're saying.

Pics would have been nice, but I'm guessing a lot of people would have thought about that afterwards as well. Think you did well by thinking to get the plates. Also, probably better to keep cool if they have loaded guns in hand...might also get more info out of them if you act "dumb" or go along with what they're saying.[/QUOTE]

Safety first, you never know

What county did this happen in? Truck description?

I have always wondered what would really happen if you shot the block out of someones vehicle that was poaching.

This irritates me big time. On top of shooting across a roadway, tresspassing and having too many antlered deer they also moved the deer before tagging it. I hope they get busted and their truck, guns and gear confiscated.

What county did this happen in? Truck description?

I have always wondered what would really happen if you shot the block out of someones vehicle that was poaching.

Jail time or fine for destruction of property? Possible return fire? Assuming they are away from the truck, maybe a several nail holes in the tires would slow them down...always random nails on those backroads...too bad they found the one spot with a whole box dumped.

This irritates me big time. On top of shooting across a roadway, tresspassing and having too many antlered deer they also moved the deer before tagging it. I hope they get busted and their truck, guns and gear confiscated.

At least they didn't take pics of the deer without tags. DNR would really get after them. Sorry. I do see this as a serious situation that does need taken care of...won't get them all, but any they can get is better than none.

Its going to happen more during gun season out of pure common sense. (Not that I'm crediting poachers for having common sense.)

1. They have a tag during season. If they get stopped or "checked" its pretty hard for the DNR to dispute where it was shot unless caught in the act. At that point all they care is if it has proper tags.

2. Firearm wounds are easy to distinguish from archery wounds. Same thing when they get stopped the "appearance" of legality is there.

Fact is too large of % of people are lying, stealing no good pieces of shit and unfortunately that % translates into too many unethical scum bags calling themselves hunters.

Top Bottom