Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What is your favorite day pack

Travis77

I am shopping for a new day pack. I do not plan to carry much meat in it but possibly horns and cape. Here is the criteria:

Water resistant
around 2000 cubic inches
good at attaching to a tree and still have good access to gear inside
bow/ gun holder
tripod and spotting scope storage
able to breath okay on your back(not as important)

I have been looking at the following: crooked horn outfitters masterguide, Michael Wadell bone collector 1.5, badlands 2200.

Actually put may hands on crokked horn's pack and like it. Plan to check out badlands this weekend. I cannot find a store that stocks the Bone Collector.

Is there anyone here that can give me their opinion/review? Thanks

Great Pack

check out the Blacks Creek packs (www.blacks-creek.com/), specifically the Jim Horn Signature Series Canadian. it has everything you are looking for and they tend to be cheaper than the Badlands 2200. a year and a half ago, when i was ready to upgrade hunting packs, I went in to the local archery shop out here to look at (and buy) a Badlands, based on reviews and a couple of friends. the guy at the archery shop showed me the Blacks Creek Jim Horn Canadian and said he sold his Badlands for it. in addition to over 2000 cubic inches of storage, it has an 1500 cu in zip-out meat pocket that you can load quarters, boned-out meat, and even an entire SE AZ deer in and it cinches up tight against your back to give you a great center of gravity. don't get me wrong, the Badlands are great packs from what i've read, but i spent last archery season out here in Arizona doing spot/stalk all day and it was the most comfortable pack I've ever used, even when loaded to 20+ pounds. I used it again all this sping/summer to do endangered species surveys in some remote, steep mountains out here and I carried all kinds of gear in complete comfort. it looks like the newer models have a detachable day pack and come with a rainfly. that would have been nice on mine! there are about 27 retailers scattered around Iowa. ask if you can borrow the demo DVD if they still come with one. that was the final straw in my decision. they are definitely worth a look. good luck!

No question. The badlands 2200. I can't say enough about the durability and the warranty is unmatched by anyone. You can destroy the pack and send it to them and they will fix it or replace it, no questions asked. 90 percent of the time I whitetail hunt I have a 2200, lone wolf hang on, 4 sticks and a lot of other crap. The pack rides very well and is very comfortable on the walk out. I haven't weighed it but you can do the math if you look up the items listed. Anyway there are few products that I won't change (I am a gear freak) but the 2200 and badlands products are one of them.

Here is their warranty

The Legendary Badlands Unconditional Warranty

We don't care what happened, or whose fault it was, we will fix it for free forever. We could care less if you bought it at a garage sale or a gear swap, as long as it says Badlands on the pack it's covered. All we ask is that you use and abuse your pack as much as possible so we can learn how to make better products.

I have owned two blacks creek products and quite frankly I was very disappointed in the quality and craftsmanship. Their warranty is also on par with what I found their quality was.

I love my badlands 2200 and wouldn't trade it for the world. I have had it 4 years now, and cannot believe it hasn't crapped out with the abuse I have put it through. It's amazing you can throw a stand, 5 sticks, extra clothes, anything else you can strap to it and it still holds up. Especially packing all this in a good mile and back. That is saying something to me. I have no personal experience with blacks-creek but I cannot say enough good things about badlands.

I will say the new badlands (The Ox) looks pretty awesome for heading out West!!

If you need to haul it in..or at least think you need to haul it in..the 2200 will do it. Amazing how much crap that thing will carrry.

Thanks for the replies

Has anyone used or even seen these http://www.eberlestock.com/X2 Pack.htm ?
I did not realize there were so many quality packs available. I have pretty much decided that Bass Pro blows as far as hunting supplies. Seems that Cabela's has way more stuff like this to shop for.

I did see the Jim Horn Canadian last week at the Texas Trophy Hunters show and I did like it. I did like the pack very well. I have heard that Badlands will leave your back pretty wet with sweat, but is a great product. I am unfamiliar how a bow or gun attaches to it though.

I have a bow shop in the area ordering a Bone Collector which is also made by Blacks Creek.

Anybody else.

Another vote for the Badlands 2200, you wont be dissapointed with this pack.

Lifetime warranty on the packs too, they will fix anything and everything that might happen to the pack at their expense.

hoofline.gif

Another vote for the Badlands 2200. Great pack! :)

hoofline.gif

Check out Predator camos website. Horn Hunter builds their packs and they are top quality. I have one and it is real good quality. I have a Badlands 2200 too, and it is nice also. Timberhawks are awesome packs from what I read also.

Picked up my badlands 2200 a couple days ago. Seems pretty busy for a standard whitetail bowhunting pack. I do think it will serve me very well on my moose hunt in AK though. Thanks guys.

I have the 2200 as well. Nice pack! I am currently sending mine in since the main backpack strap ripped off the pack.

I find the 2200 a little large for most whitetail outings, but the new Treehugger from badlands looks interesting. I will take a closer look once I get a chance.
http://www.badlandspacks.com/treehugger.php

The Legendary Badlands Unconditional Warranty

We don't care what happened, or whose fault it was, we will fix it for free forever. We could care less if you bought it at a garage sale or a gear swap, as long as it says Badlands on the pack it's covered. All we ask is that you use and abuse your pack as much as possible so we can learn how to make better products.

Warranty Procedures

1. Call us to get an RA# @ 801-978-2207 Do not send in your pack without one.

2. Pack's must be clean and free of Blood and Any other Mysterious substances.

3. Mark all areas that need to be repaired also enclose a letter with your name, RA# and shipping info and what needs to be repaired.

4. We'll let you know approximatly how long it will take

5. Please enclose a Check or Credit Card Number for Return Shipping.

Here's Our Address:
Badlands Backpacks
753 W 1700 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84104

6. Well fix your pack and send it back. You'll be hunting and telling your friends about Badlands.

Found this a year ago when looking at packs. The site gives the info on where this gear is being put to the ultimate test....IE spec ops in dark corners of the far east.
Nice frame is a cool system, but big for a day trip. Other choices for ideas.

I have been using a Badlands Nano for day whitetail trips but may try the 2200 style set up with the alpha and sticks that I carry alone now.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/packs/hunting/

Top Bottom