Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what kind of 3 point tiller?

I just bought a 6 foot King Kutter and they appear to be a well built piece of equipment. They are cheaper than alot of the brands out there but for no more than what I plan on doing, I cant ever see wearing it out. Mine has the slip clutch which I think will be nice.

Yes- make sure you get a slip clutch and not a sheer pin!!!
From my MEMORY: Howard (I think that's it?) makes an awesome one. I had a JD (which I'm sure was made by someone else and painted green) that was great. Land Pride, etc. I'm sure some others have some great brands they'll mention.

My dealer is pushing Maschio. He says they are the ones that build for JD. JD dealers can't carry them (Maschio) unless they sold them before JD contracted with them. My dealer has sold them forever. The Maschio, pronounced MA-see-oh, are built in Italy and thier warehouse/USA headquarters are in Iowa near Davenport.

I run a Landpride 1558rtr It does a great job. i'm on the otherside of the fence on the slip clutch though. A shear pin will definetly shear and protect your gear drive. And a shear pin is less than a buck to replace. A s;ip clutch can be costly to replace and if it does not slip when it should look out as to what could break.

Top Bottom