Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What kind of Binoculars do you take to the stand

WHAT kind of binoculars do you take to your stand or to the field when you are deer hunting?? and why??i have just a cheap pair from walmart they are 10x32 field 5.3..im also looking to get a better pair but first i want to see what some of you guys use...thanks alan

I love my Nikon Monarch 8X42s. Definitely one item I do not leave home without. I got the Butler Creek Bino Buddy which keeps them close to my chest, allowing me to shoot my bow without interference.

I have Steiner Predator 8x30's. Auto focusing and fairly lightweight/compact. I love these binos! And I also have a bino system to keep them in front of me and out of the way at all times.

Nikon monarch 10-42,they are almost to big but they are exellent optic's and they are tough.
I think 8x30's would be enough for the woodlot's and such in Iowa but if you go west hunting you would want something stronger,I bought the 10x"s because I got a heck of a deal on them and I do hunt out west and they are what you need out there.

Nikon Monarchs for me too. I love them, I have the 10X and I like the extra power because it seems like I am always glassing something while going to and from the stand. Another thing to look for are binos that you can focus. These non-focus binos were the rage a few years ago, but then you cannot out-focus brush to get through to a deer in heavy cover. Don't skimp on good optics, you'll be glad you paid a little more for quality. I am sure there are many quality brands out there but I sure like the Monarchs.

I switch up between two pair. Leupold Wind River Olympic 10X50 or Alpen Apex 10X50. Both are very good binoculars.

from the looks of it..dont use the cheap ones use the better ones.....last year i got a spotting scope off ebay its a full size one and its 20-60x60 would this be too big to carry into the woods should i just get a small pair of Binoculars..thanks alan

Leica BRF 10X42's. The best and with a range finder all ready in them.....I love em.....But you might have to sell everything else. $1989

Re: What kind of Binoculars do you take to the st

Leica 8x32's...you buy the best only once!

After 30 years experience I can promise you that's one of the best lessons you'll ever learn,
Learn it early and you'll actually SAVE money.
waytogo.gif

Ditto on the Monarchs. I sent you a PM, click on the little flag by your name at the top of the page.

These Monarch's don't fog up do they?
I hate that when I'm looking at a deer thru the binos and they fog up!!!!
mad.gif

Top Bottom