Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What kind of camera

Fulldrw

I want to get a cam to help me with scouting and to keep track of the deer on my property. I am unsure of what to get. I want to know if others think that i should get a 35mm or digital. I have my eyes on the Nontypical deercam and the Leaf River digital. Let me know what you think?

i would recomend a vcam from vman on this web page.send vman a pm he will hook u up with a good cam for your paying dollar.trust me i own one of his cams and they work ausome they are homeade cams.also u can contact shredder on this board to he builds very good cams and can help u alot to.

Alex Hastings

I have been using the Non Typical 35mm cams with great success. I have to admit my next one will be a digital as soon as the prices come down a little.

I own 2 NonTypical 35mm Deercams. I've had great luck with them & the batteries last a long time.

HOWEVER, if your buying a new one get a digital for sure. Do not get a 35mm!

mike

Definitely go digital, you will use it alot more since it is basicly free to use after the purchase price. I have a Leaf River w/o the viewing screen. I did have the one with the viewing screen but had a problem with the time date function not keeping correct time. I returned it and got one without the viewing screen as it is so small as to be utterly useless in the field. Cant read the time, and unless deer are close you are hard pressed to tell bucks from does. Besides that, when I check the cam on the way to a stand I dont want to stand around checking 20-30 pics anyway, save it for after dark on the computer. $50 cheaper too.
Battery life is fantastic, mine has run for months on the same batteries, probably a couple hundred pics?

I also used a 35mm this year, probably dropped about $80 on film & developing, but it worked well. Just hate waiting for it to fill a roll, then waiting for developing, etc....

Top Bottom