Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What now?

H

horst

Deer season along with most others is closed now.What are you all doing for fun now?I never got into ice fishing so this weekend I bought a new hunting license and spent the weekend with my 7 yr old rabbitt hunting.Didnt get many but had fun trying.I know a lotta guys are also waiting patiently for snow so they can go coyote hunting.Just wondering if there was anything else going on that i might be missing out on, I hate sitting at home LOL.

This time of the year without snow can be very boring. We coyote hunted last weekend and ended up with six. I hear guys talking about shed hunting (never done it myself but I'm going to try). If you need to pull the trigger that bad, go find some cats to shoot but try to stay away from the ones with the collars on!!! Plus that will help next years pheasant population, those little buggers are hard on the pheasants.

You might try Ice fishing. Saturday I took my 2 Kids. My son 11 and daughter 7. Fished in a shack with a small heater,brought a lunch and caught some nice fish. My kids out fished me and my boy caught 3 of the nicest crappie I,ve seen in a long time. All were 13" and nice and fat.Seven Blue gills also got filleted and are very tasty. A fun afternoon and mom got some free time.

A little quail hunting for the dogs and ice fishing next weekend...........Then it just ice fishing till the Snows and Blues start showing up in N.W. MO. and S.W. IA. (in about two to three weeks).

In NE Oklahoma the crappie start biting around this time of the year in deep water. Can't beat the tablefare unless it is some fresh backstrap.

I've been thinking about trying some rabbit hunt'in.I havent hunted rabbit's for along time and it just sound's like fun!
Also thinking about getting ready for our spring NWTF banquet coming in April,I'm already getting pumped about turkey hunt'in.

With fresh snow kicked brush piles and shot 4 bunnies last weekend. Also mouth "clucked" a hen turkey to about 10 yards. She circled me trying to figure it out then I let her walk off. Had a pair of big boys with her...can't wait 'til spring.

Top Bottom