Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What the heck is this noise??

lutyman

I normally don't bow hunt so early in the season, but I had the itch and a free weekend, so I sat the last couple of nights. Didn't end up seeing much of anything other than a few does, but it was nice to be in the tree.

What I'm curious about is this sound/noise I kept hearing for for most of my sit Saturday afternoon/evening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2niG2on9PIU

It sounded like it kept moving around me. It went on and off for several hours. Sounds like a mix between a wounded dog and a crane. Also reminded me of a distress call or something for coyotes.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a flock of turkies. I thought I heard some putting and purring in there, and the higher pitched squeel is a kee-kee. It's basically all the noises a big fall group will make to keep track of one another.

Sounds like a flock of turkies. I thought I heard some putting and purring in there, and the higher pitched squeel is a kee-kee. It's basically all the noises a big fall group will make to keep track of one another.

Definitely Turkeys.

Sounds like a juevenile Sasquatch to me, i would contact the guys at the BFRO, (Bigfoot Field Research Org.) and get them out there ASAP to investigate.

Ok, I'm going to have to listen to this somewhere other than work where i can turn it up louder because here with the low volume I dont hear turkeys ;)

No way that is coming from turkeys.. The closest thing to a long squeal like that from a turkey would be a kee kee run but that sounds nothing like it (check this website for different turkey vocals including the kee kee run http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/calling_tips.html ).. Im saying it is a k9 of somesort. Actually sounds like one squealing in distress and another one barking.

Sounds like a dog to me. I've listened to it a bunch of times now, and still can't find anything in there that would convince me that it is turkeys.

Another thought, might check the fence's around there if your back in the area. Dog's get hung up in fences all the time. I lost my best rabbit beagle that way. Found him a few days after he had died.

I am disappointed we have no houndsmen on here. :D It is two Beagles doing what they do...chasing rabbits. my guess is that that it kept moving in a circle behind you? Rabbits are like most other animals, they will always end up back where they started unless they hole up.

Top Bottom