Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What the %%%%^^!^!!!

I am not really sure what you two gentlemen are talking about; there are a number of new post and interesting topics and I am not seeing your involvement in any of them.

Please feel free to start a new post and I bet you will get others to share their views with you. Perhaps submit a hunting story of your own; maybe share some hunting methods that have worked for you.

Remember there are a bunch of members hunting during the shotgun seasons right now. Then there will be members out there trying to fill last minute bow tags and the muzzleloading season starts right after shotgun season ends.

The of course there is the infamous late season doe hunts……………….

Hang around guys; you can always help use this year when we start contacting legislators to fight the insurances companies and tree huggers.

Some of us go through this fight every year so you will still have a good hunting season in Iowa. There are many in this fine state and some that don’t live here that would like to see their agenda’s passed into law. You will not like it! Please feel free to help us out.

Respectfully,

blake

Well said Blake. I do agree the site seems a little slower this year than last but I attribute that to the dwindling deer herd. Still plenty of good questions and answers on one of the best sites on the net.

I'm with Blake on this one. To the extent that things are a little slower here than what some would prefer or even compared to previous years...I would not argue that point, but I know a lot of people are working harder this year than last to: 1. Get their deer. 2. Support their family. So I think there are some reasons why things are off a bit. But pitch in and help change it back.

In think we see a decrease in "conversation" type posts anytime deer season is open, as it is now. It seems to increase a bit after the season ends and before turkey season opens. Summer is busy for everybody and deer season is still aways off so there is a slow point there too. Then we do it all again. I guess I'm saying that it doesn't seem all that different to me.

The slight decrease in activity, I feel, can be attributed to the general user's concerns of sharing details of bucks, property,etc. I know I have increasingly fallen into that catagory in recent years. I stepped out of my comfort zone this fall and posted a story in the PM section about a buck that I was after. When I did so I was concerned that I would draw more attention to my property. In this day and age the drive for a big buck has made many of us nervous to share details. This will be a hard obsticle to get over.

I do agree with Blake in that more of us could step up and start more conversation threads. Or we could step out of our comfort zone and show some photos, sheds, and other things that we used to share.

This is still the best whiltetail site I have been to and it is the quality members that have made it what it is!:way:

Or we could step out of our comfort zone and show some photos, sheds, and other things that we used to share.

The paranoia has really gotten out of hand and personally I'm sick of it. Photos or stories can be posted without anyone knowing the details of where, when, what, etc.
Time to step up to the plate.

I think its the way the way Iowa Whitetail is set up . It was a more interactive place before the last two updates . The adds make it load real slow. Kinda think others are drifting to other hunting paces . Just my 2 cents !

The paranoia has really gotten out of hand and personally I'm sick of it. Photos or stories can be posted without anyone knowing the details of where, when, what, etc.
Time to step up to the plate.

Yep...nicely put Shovel. It is sad. It's the same on nearly every hunting website I visit though. It got so bad on a shed forum that I frequent that one guy went off and made his own site and being a member there is by INVITE only by current members. New members have to be voted in based off any info that people have about them and you are BANNED in a second if anyone thinks that you are ruining the integrity of the site or leaking anything. Sad thing, but the site totally kicks A$$...the pics and stories are awesome - the way it used to be here.

I do agree with Blake in that more of us could step up and start more conversation threads. Or we could step out of our comfort zone and show some photos, sheds, and other things that we used to share.

I think that's the biggest thing. Also, it seems like people are almost afraid to post ideas/techniques/strategies randomly without being asked. Maybe some are afraid of being viewed as a "know it all"? I mean that's much of what outdoors forums are all about really. Anyway, it'd be nice to see some barriers drop and everybody just start posting whatever was on their mind.

This is not the place it used to be. I used to check this site five times a day and it did'nt matter what time of year it was There were alot of awesome posts lots of funny stuff and anymore the only posts that get many replies are because people want to argue. This site is nothing like it was 3 or 4 years ago.

sorry blake i just dont know what happened. I always read your posts. I'm not trying to make anybody mad. Things are just different around here.

Back in the day when there was 2 or 3 forums it was always hoppin. Now that there are 15 it seems to slow down. In reality, I think just as much is being posted, just doesn't seem like it because it is spread out. Who knows though, I miss the chat room!! :)

I'm sure the $520.00 non resident tags have taken quite a few people away. (Myself for one.) I'm happy hunting in Nebraska now. Deer are getting bigger every year. Friend shot a 174" this fall. Good luck the rest of the year.

I'm actually on this site more than I've ever been thanks to finally getting the internet at home. I think everybody just needs to chill out. If for some reason you don't like it as much anymore, it's your own loss, in my opinion. It's really a shame people have to be negative about such an awesome site.

-Longspurs-

I miss the way it used to be around here, but it has been a few years since the site was at its best imo. I still like the site a lot and check it daily. Sites all over the net are way down from a few years ago, not just hunting sites either.
I don't buy it that everyone is so much busier now than they were a few years ago.That may be true for some, but It should go the other way for others, averaging it out. I think the reality is that a lot of posters from the past have simply lost interest. There may be many reasons for that, but I think a lot have moved on to something else that has caught their interest. Nothing wrong with any of it, just the way it is.

I agree with Paul, the site has been really down. You don't see the harvest stories like we use to, heck there have only been a handful of stories about 1st shotgun and I know damn well more than 5 guys on this site harvested deer during the gun season. Also seemed that the number of chats regarding useful hunting information has really dropped off. I am not sure if it is the updates, the number of forums or what but the content on this site is not what it was 4 years ago.

Some of the other whitetail sites seem to be frequented by alot of the guys I use to see on here but the guys don't post much on this site anymore. Hopefully, things change for the better as I really enjoy talking with the members of this site and there are a bunch of really knowledgeable guys that I would like to see post more frequently.

Kratz

I'm sure the $520.00 non resident tags have taken quite a few people away. (Myself for one.) I'm happy hunting in Nebraska now. Deer are getting bigger every year. Friend shot a 174" this fall. Good luck the rest of the year.
COOL! Let's all go hunt Nebraska! :D I think a lot of the problem IS the thought of people reading stuff on here and then horning in other peoples hunting areas and it can be rightly so since there used to be plenty of info on here. I won't tell anyone other than a few people where I hunt anymore for that reason and would never think about setting up cameras and posting pics of a monster buck I have been seeing. Just for the record I haven't seen anything big enough to be paranoid about so I can still post about my hunts ect. :D BTW most of the longtime members aren't posting anymore and I think secrecy is the reason.

Many good points another is the members that suuport this site continue to grow anaully and alot of those harvests and conversations have been kept in the PMA section by those members. Hands down best harvest selection you will see.

One thing that i've noticed is lack of feedback. I've seen some guys make awesome posts the past few months only to have a limited amount of replies back, when on the other hand the posts that are all about "i'm right, you're wrong" seem to get 1000s of views and 100s of replies. Without feedback whats the point of posting?

Top Bottom