Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What time do you guys get into the stand?

I always like to be in about 45 minutes to an hour before legal shooting light, and this time of year I try to stay in it all day, if I'm only doing an evening sit then I want to be in as early as possible, 4 hours before dark is the latest I want to be in. If any later I make sure i'm sitting on an edge.

bigbuckhunter88 said:
I always like to be in about 45 minutes to an hour before legal shooting light, and this time of year I try to stay in it all day, if I'm only doing an evening sit then I want to be in as early as possible, 4 hours before dark is the latest I want to be in. If any later I make sure i'm sitting on an edge.

So dark at 6:30/7 as of now... I walked in today at 2:30 and kicked deer out

I was in my stand at 3:45 today, didn't spook anything on the way in. I think it all depends on where you're hunting and where your stand is. In the mornings I like to be all settled in while it's still dark or 30 minutes before pink light

So dark at 6:30/7 as of now... I walked in today at 2:30 and kicked deer out

Need to think about moving your stand if you are bumping that deer, or could just be a fluke deal with bad timing.

I try and only hang stands where I feel like I have the best chance to get in and out as best as possible.

Whenever you can!

No matter what time you get into the stand, there's always a chance you'll kick up deer. If you ever sit all day, you'll notice that deer often leave bedding areas all throughout the day. Oftentimes they get up and browse for a few minutes and the bed down in areas you wouldn't expect. Deer hunting is a challenge, especially with a bow. In my experience, I've learned to walk like a deer. Of course if there is a quiet path, I will walk steadily, but if I'm in the woods, making a bunch of noise by stepping on leaves and sticks, ill walk like a deer, taking 3 or 4 steps, then stopping for a few second or maybe even a minute. Doing this, deer may hear you, but they won't care as lo g as they don't smell or see you. I've even had deer come to my stand right after I sit down. They just thought I was another deer I the area. I actually killed my biggest buck this way lol. 10 minutes after i sat down, he came strolling in. I grunted at him and he walked right to me. It does suck at times cause i take like half an hour to walk walk 100 yards, but it's well worth the time in my opinion.

I like to be in 30-45 mins before light and normally try to sit at least 3 hours before dark. Sometimes the after work hunts don't allow me to get out as soon as I'd like.

i try to head out at 1 for my hunts and have been suprised at all the deer i see early in the woods, i have had 4 bucks under one stand this year and 430 was the latest i saw any of them....the first year i hunted public there were two guys that hunted all day for the first week, i drove by daily and saw them eating lunch in the parking lot at noon a couple times, after that first week i didnt see them again and took my turn. three days i watched a monster walk from where their stands were down a trail at lunch time, i think HE had them patterned, or they were eating the same time he was moving. i moved my stand two times but never got close enough for a shot on him

Last edited:
Top Bottom