Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What to do, what to do

jharrell

Okay I have pretty much narrowed my arrow rest search down to the Trophy Ridge or the Spot Hogg Whammy. I am really torn but am leaning slightly towards the Trophy Ridge. I have shot the TT for the last year but am not sold on it. What is your opinion.

I have been shooting the Trophy Ridge and love it. You dont have to worry about keepin it on the launcher like you would a TT. Just my .02

Wammy's is a new rest, some people are having issues with it from what I am reading. Might want to wait till the bugs get worked out.

I've got the whammy on my guardian and have no complaints. It's a great rest, low noise and rock solid. As with anything that's new there could be some problems or criticism - go with your gut.
waytogo.gif

Trophy Ridge is what all the really cool peeeps are shooting,,,, it's a little heavierthan tha average reast, but is good.

QAD LD or the new HD. All I shoot or will ever shoot
grin.gif

Not criticising, just posting what I have read from the people that have bought the first editions of the whammy.

Thanks
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
No problems with my Whammy. Great rest IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, we are starting to sound like another site.
Everyone isnt going to have issues, you would think these guys are getting paid to say there isnt anything wrong with a item. Just saying there are some issues that guys are having. Just making him aware.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No problems with my Whammy. Great rest IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, we are starting to sound like another site.
Everyone isnt going to have issues, you would think these guys are getting paid to say there isnt anything wrong with a item. Just saying there are some issues that guys are having. Just making him aware.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm just making him aware that I don't have a problem.
crazy.gif

Easy boyz, I appreciate everyone's opinion good or bad. Sometimes a rest will work for you and sometimes it doesn't. The shaky hunter I am using works for a lot of folks but I am having a time getting my arrows to clear without hitting the right prong. I didn't have that problem with the SQ2 but I do on the Guardian. I think the increase in speed is the culprit but I've tried every position that I can turn the arrow and I still hit the prongs. Still a very accurate and good rest but it bugs me that it won't clear.

[ QUOTE ]
Easy boyz, I appreciate everyone's opinion good or bad. Sometimes a rest will work for you and sometimes it doesn't. The shaky hunter I am using works for a lot of folks but I am having a time getting my arrows to clear without hitting the right prong. I didn't have that problem with the SQ2 but I do on the Guardian. I think the increase in speed is the culprit but I've tried every position that I can turn the arrow and I still hit the prongs. Still a very accurate and good rest but it bugs me that it won't clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would bother me too. It is the first I have heard of this. I wouldn't believe your groups could worth a poo with out clearance.

Actually they are suprisingly good considering I can see the arrows kick up and left slightly. At first I thought it wasn't centered right and I shot paper util I was blue in the face but no matter what I did with the rest it kept kicking the same way. Then I notice my moleskin on the rest was getting torn up about half way down on the right prong. When I started rotating my arrow around my tare was different so bingo found the problem.

Yup. Of course Bass Pro didn't have what I wanted in stock (suprise suprise)so I grabbed one of those whisper rests from Alpine Archery and put it on last night just to see how it shoots as well as a new Alpine archery quiver. I tried the Trophy Ridge quiver but didn't like it at all.

Hey Rack, don't you shoot the Alpine WhisperFlite rest?

You might want to look at a Ripcord rest...its a really nice rest that is easy to tune and is a very quiet shooter...all the benefits of a wisker biscuit but with drop away accuracy

Well supprisingly enough the cheap WhisperFlite by Alpine Archery does a great job. Very quiet and very easy to set up. Shot it last night for the first time and it is every bit as accurate as the TT that I was using. The kick is gone and I ruined some fletching last night on some groups at 20 yards. One thing I really like is that it works off the cable slide as well as the bus cable. I like it on the cable slide.

Side Note; the Alpine Archery quiver is awesome (thanks for the tip Matt).

Sounds to me like you bow could be out of time.

How late in the draw is it rising up?

I had the same problem with mine when I had it on my Bowtech Patriot. After I had new limbs put on it, it had clearance issues that we couldn't figure out. I put the same rest on my Switchback XT and I have no problems. It is not the rest if it is setup correctly.

Do you have the spring set to the tightest setting?

i dont like using sites that have a lite accessory, and in the Law it is border line on electronic aiding devices, so i use sites that have a clear houseing....try using that trophy ridge near dark....
i know guys will say it collects enough light or lights up great with accessory light, but a clear sight houseing with fiber optics wrapped around the interior of the plastic will serve you better.
the Spot Hogg is a nice site i would consider, but i would never own a Trophy Ridge or G-5.
check out Impact sites, much more affordable and pick up way more light in low light situations than the very expensive alternatives.

as far as the rests are concerned, Drop aways make the most sense to me. but if you are having problems with your arrows hitting the prongs, if the rest was installed incorrectly or inadequately you will have soem issues, but the rest is not to blame, have a professional re-set it. your bow may be out of time, and that will cause poor arrow flight......
just some thoughts, and my .02 cents worth..

Hey THA4,

He wasn't asking about sights, so keep your opinions to yourself.
mad.gif

Besides everyone knows that Impact sights are for Retards.
grin.gif
grin.gif

J/K by the way.
grin.gif

Top Bottom