Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What to do??

J

jason

Sunday after noon, me and my father got quickly got ready, and we headed into the woods. I had my climber on my back, as we made our way to one tree I normally climbed.
The tree is about 20 yards from a bean field, so as we walked up to the edge of the timber( me leading the way) I turned around to my father, and starred at him. He asked me what was wrong. I continued to stare at him. I pointed to the tree stand that was about 10 feet in the air.
The stand had to of been put there saturday or sunday morning. I have two permentate stands on the property. And this stand was with in 100 yards of one of mine, so Im pretty sure he would of seen it. I do give this man credit, he did pick a bucks core area.
I have know clue who this man is, I don't know if he even has permission. Where I hunt, poeple have been know to hang stands were they aren't suppose to.
What should i do? Should I confront this man when I see him?
It disapoints me, because now the out come of me getting that buck I've seen twice, and gotten so close to, might revolve around what that man is doing, or has done? The timber isn't very big, so what he does effects me! I've worked so hard since day one to try and get this buck I've scouted. Now another man might take him right out form under me.
what can I do? I know if he has permission, I can't say anything. But I don't know, and I'm not going to let some guy disrespect the land owner and me!
Good hunting

Jason V

Well the first thing I would do would ask the owner if he gave anyone else permission to hunt there. and if he didnt I would probably confront the guy when you see him out there. one thing i would not want to do is take his tree stand down, in fear that he will come after yours. i heard many cases of land ownders taking down tree stands and then that person will go take someone elses because someone took his. But yes i would have the land owner talk to the person or you could talk to him yourself

Frustrated, disgusted, Pissed I have been them all on this issue. I had a friend that pulled a similar situation on me. I finally gave up on the issue and just accepted it. He is not as close to me as you describe (although he did place a stand a mere 30 yds. from my brother-in-laws a few years back) He hunts the same deer I do. I guess I would suggest the time when you meet this person. Be straight forward with them and explain your situation to them. Most of the bowhunters we come across are good people and with a little explanation most will move on to another location. If the farmer has given permission to both of you, you have no choice but to live with it. You may want to try and communicate with them to hunt when the other cannot....either that or burn some vacation and get out there now. It's a tough one to do I know. I have been after a monster for over 4 years now and I accept the chance that someone other than me may get him. You just got let it unfold the way that mother nature/god intend it to. Good luck.

Top Bottom