Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What to plant around backfill of shop

I am putting in a shop and had to bring my pad up to grade. So I now have a pretty good slope that I don’t really want to mow. I also need to get something growing pretty fast to stop erosion. I am thinking some sort of native grass and wildflowers, or do I just plant rye and clover to help improve the soil and get stuff growing then down the road convert to native grasses?

I would say the site will get partial sun on the sides then the back will get shaded by the building.

Buffalo grass is a warm season "native" that stays like 8" tall and doesn't need mowing. Don't know how fast it establishes though. You may want a cover crop to help get started.

We took down a barn and new septic and had the same situation. But, I just grass seeded with rye and don't care about the weeds. Probably mow every once in a while...wife was insistent that it remained short and open for sledding.....whatever.
Am interested in how you're doing your shop. Wood or steel frame? Doing it yourself?

We took down a barn and new septic and had the same situation. But, I just grass seeded with rye and don't care about the weeds. Probably mow every once in a while...wife was insistent that it remained short and open for sledding.....whatever.
Am interested in how you're doing your shop. Wood or steel frame? Doing it yourself?

I am putting up a 26x40 then 2 12' lean-to's on each side. for total area of 40x50. Be kind of a combo stick/pole building. Will have gambrel room in attic trusses over the 26'x40' part. Paying to have some of the stuff done like concrete and putting the steel on the outside. Mama says we need to keep the cost down so calling in alot of favors.

I am putting up a 26x40 then 2 12' lean-to's on each side. for total area of 40x50. Be kind of a combo stick/pole building. Will have gambrel room in attic trusses over the 26'x40' part. Paying to have some of the stuff done like concrete and putting the steel on the outside. Mama says we need to keep the cost down so calling in alot of favors.

sound exactly like what my boss is building this summer

Top Bottom