Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What to plant? Late in Game.

codywright

TENRINGER
I recently was allowed another 1/2 acre to plant a food plot in. What would be everyones advice on what around the first of august? I am thinking turnips, but is there some other things that would work well also? Please advise. Thanks.

I recently was allowed another 1/2 acre to plant a food plot in. What would be everyones advice on what around the first of august? I am thinking turnips, but is there some other things that would work well also? Please advise. Thanks.

Turnips or oats

Turnips and rape would be a great choice. Wouldn't do it until it looks like this heat wave is going to break though...best if you can do it when a rain is in the nearby forecast. Good luck.

NWBuck

Turnips it is for this year. Future plans loess hills archer is to kill deer off it. JK. I think next year I will plant some type of perennial, cause they already have corn and beans there for the late season.

If you're thinking ahead and want a perennial plot like white clover, August is the best time to establish that! Spring works but weeds are more of an issue.

Good luck with the turnips!

Top Bottom