Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What to plant over the summer?

In the past I've mainly concentrated on fall plots. By doing this I would let the plot go through the summer then mow and kill the weeds for fall planting. This probably isn't the best method, but that's how I've done it. What options are you guys doing for planting through the summer? Thanks.

If I had a choice it would be clover or beans. Deer love either and they both put nitrogen into the ground. Putting beans downs allow you to spray for weeds so when you do turn the soil over you shouldn't have to deal with weeds too much.

Hey guys, sorry another question. Is crimson clover a good clover to leave out annually? Or mainly as a cover crop only? I'm asking because I wanted to do some and leave it go.

I have better luck with jumbo Ladino white clover. Or at least throw a white clover in with your crimson of some sort

Personal opinion.... I wouldn't waste the money on white clover if plot is only going to be there a year. If you want to establish a"permanent " clover plot, yes by all means.... Lots of whites to choose from as mentioned above.

Personal opinion.... I wouldn't waste the money on white clover if plot is only going to be there a year. If you want to establish a"permanent " clover plot, yes by all means.... Lots of whites to choose from as mentioned above.

Agreed ^^. If I am making a plot I want to last a few years, I'll use white, if I doing something for a few months, I will choose red clover.

Top Bottom