Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What weight broadhead?

IowaDave

PMA Member
Just curious- What weight broadhead do you use? Any particular reason why?

I use 100 gr. From what I've read, for my draw weight, it's light enough to fly well but has enough energy to pack a punch.

100gr.. I use to use 85gr thunderheads a long time ago.. they flew fast and penetrated so well on a rib shot that you would have to jerk them pretty good to get them out of the ground.. not so good on a shoulder shot though, so, I switched to 100's (not thunderheads) because they still fly fast, yet, pack a better punch..

Last edited:
You'll want to use a weight that balance's your arrow for optimum performance this can depend on what type of feathers your using or if they are long or short.

I use 125 Grain Fixed Blades

Dave-it really depends on your arrow length, draw weight, spine of the arrow and what you are trying to accomplish. What specs do you shoot?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Dave-it really depends on your arrow length, draw weight, spine of the arrow and what you are trying to accomplish. What specs do you shoot?

My setup is fine.
To be honest, the reason I'm asking is that I've got a sporting goods business & starting to carry broadheads & I'm wondering what distribution of which weights to carry. From what I'm seeing a 100 & 125 will suit me well and doesn't look like many people shoot lighter than 100, which is kinda what I thought before asking.

Top Bottom