Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What would you do?

SWBUCKHNTR

I sold one of my fams today. It was something that happend quick and didnt plan on it going over so fast. Now I can only hunt it for a month then it is gone. Now the tricky part is my (secret deer) is on that farm. I never showed the new owner pics of him and he doesnt know anything about him. I had him at 60 yards on the 1st and 35 yards on the 3rd but no clear shot. Do I keep trying to kill him before the guy takes possesion or hold off and let the new guy be suprised by him?

If he is the buck that would make you the happiest go and get him... The farm probably has awsome genetics anyway so there will be more big deer to come. But if you have a buck that would make you happier i would go for that one.

DEPENDS, did you sell it to a good friend or family member? If not, then technically you can still hunt it for a month, I'd pound the crap out of it and try to get that buck if he's the buck you want.

If I were the one that bought the farm, I would understand completely if you still hunted it as long as it was in your possesion of the land. Unless there are stipulations in the contract, or you told him you would not. Good luck with the deer.

One last hurrah would be a great way to remember your hunts there. Go get him and put him on the wall! :way:

If he is the buck that would make you the happiest go and get him... The farm probably has awsome genetics anyway so there will be more big deer to come. But if you have a buck that would make you happier i would go for that one.

Yep, this! ^

Even if you want to shoot that one as a 'one last hurrah' buck for old time's sake go for it!!
IMO there's no 'ethics violations' by killing this buck what-so-ever!

I agree with most, you should hunt the buck. You owned the farm and put work into it so you have every right to hunt it until the new owner takes it over. Good luck!

Kill him and don't look back. Plenty more out there for the new owner. If it was me that bought your land, I wouldn't mind. I'd be happy to be getting some new land to hunt and would manage it for my own deer in the future.
Share some pics when you bring him home.

You owned the land and sold it.

You can't own (wild) deer so thus you can't sell them.

Go kill it.

he shoots , he scores !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! game over

It is my opinion that if the farm isn't closed, you aren't guaranteed payment and the new owner has no rights to any animal there until closing.

it's completely ethical to do this...and I have a cousin in the exact situation as of last week. There is no guarantee the animal wouldn't be shot over the fence or get locked up fighting and die anyway.

The new owner should probably consider an item to help them scout and admire their new farm......

Top Bottom