Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What would You have done??

msalow

Today I go to my hunting area to try to fill a doe tag get to my stand find the seat gone screw in steps that I hang bow, binos, ect gone. This really pi##e# me off. I share this area with another hunter (in his 20's) I have never set eyes on him but the landowner's son has given him the ok to hunt here too. I have no problem sharing this ground as it is big enough for both of us. I am very careful about hunting this area as it is riverbottom pasture ground and the deer won't take much pressure esp. this late. Anyway I stand in my stand this morning and checking around with my binos and see some orange tape around the trunk of a tree about 75 yrds from my stand. I have stayed out of the area all week as I shot a doe there last Sunday at wanted to let is settle down a few days.
I stayed in the stand until around 10AM got down and went to check out the orange tape Guess what I find ?? Yep the "Kids" put up a stand and it has my tree seat in it and my screw in folding steps and he even took the string that I used to pull up my bow into my stand.
when I first saw the stand I thought oh well we don't hunt the same times no big deal. Then I see my seat steps ect. I lost it. I think if he would have been in the stand he would be floating in the river now. I thought about taking the stand down & throwing it in the river. I just couldn't do it tho I went to the landowner took him back to the stand & showed him my empty stand hen to the "kids" stand and showed him my seat,steps,ect. This guy has some Balls to take my stuff and then set it up again less than 100 yrds from where he stole it from!! I guess it dosn't take balls you just gotta be really freekin dumb.

The owner wanted me to take this guys stuff but I told him I couldn't do that. he said that when he comes back to hunt again he will be waiting for him and they will go together and we WILL remove all his stands from his farm and will leave my things with him and will never hunt there again.
grin.gif
rambo.gif

At least I know he won't be there next year to mess w/ me
grin.gif
grin.gif

A crappy story with a great ending. I can't believe what some people are thinking when they do stuff like that.

I would have done the same thing you did. I have to caution you though, I lost a good spot once because I went to the owner. They said if there were going to be conflicts then nobody needed to hunt.
mad.gif
I went to the little bas**rds house and told him he better never hunt within 10 miles of me ever again, I never had any trouble again but lost a good spot in the process.

I'm glad you found your stuff again. I went out this morning to try and fill my Antlerless bow tag, went to go get in my buddy's stand and all I found was a cut cable lock on the ground. Pretty much ruined my morning. I went and pulled down one of my stands and have one left to pull. That's the 2nd stand he's lost this year. The other was a sweet 2 person stand. We are on public ground and nothing gets bothered until the shotgunners come through. Shortly after that season is over, stuff starts getting stolen. Anybody know of a way to electrify a tree?

I thought about this too. But I think the landowner knows that the kid is a thief and he is the type of guy that won't put up with this I also have done a lot of repairs on has tractors, chainsaws ect. that would cost him a lot of money to have it done in a repair shop. He is from the old school and likes to "get something" in return for you hunting on his land.

He had told me that a few yrs ago a guy wanted to hunt shotgun season and he allowed it. The guy shot a doe and told him that he would bring him some sausagebut never did & when he came back the next year he told him no way
grin.gif

Hopefully this won't go that way and I will have the area to myself again

Top Bottom