Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What would you have done?

SWIADEERHNTR

Come 'on Next Season....
This is my first year bowhunting, and I have a question about calling. Last Friday night I had a really good 10 ptr. (160?) at 17 yds behind a tree (no shot) to my right downwind...to my left at 20 yds there was a doe that winded me and was not snorting but was stopped, alert, and looking around. She finally just ran away and the buck stood there for 10 more minutes then just calmly turned and went back into the thick brush and disappeared. Should I have grunted or snort wheezed to get him to come back or is it too early for that and he wouldn't have responded?

I think letting him go was the right thing to do. IMO if you use a call when the deer are nervous it just educates them not to come around when the conditions are perfect.

I would of just let him walk away, if he didnt no you were there then he will come back, put in the time and be patient and you will get him, good job on letting him go I feel you made the right choice

Top Bottom