Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whats a good turkey hunting boot?

J

jason

My pair of red heads that I got 3 years ago got a hole in them. There rubber boots that have 500 grams of thinsulate, witch is too much for warm weather!!!!! It's a small whole, can I patch it some how, or should I just get a nother pair? I probably should get high rubber boots because where I usually hunt I'm always walking through creeks! Thanks and good hunting
jason

I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns. They are super lightweight and are more comfortable than most tennie-shoes that I've owned. They seem to be lucky for me also, was wearing them with both bucks and my gobbler this spring!!

I have the Rocky Maverick Snake boots that are knee high and think they are great. They are lightweight, waterproof, and noninsulated. I can cross the creeks that rubberboots can. I have had my pair for two seasons and have not regretted the purchase yet....

Rocky boots suck, would never get them again, mother bought me some for turkey season and wore them all but 10 days and they were falling appart, took them back and exchanges them for cabelas brand boots, those babies last forever!!!

I also own a pair of Danners. Not sure what model but they have 800 grams insulate. They are a little hot for turkeys but i can deal with it and work good for deer too. Had them about two years and where them every time I go into the woods. And they are holding up fine. Also if you live any where near Lacrosse,WI check out their seconds store. Thats where I got mine and the only thing wrong with them was the glue job was messy. Can't beat the price!
smirk.gif

Top Bottom