Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's in store?

SaskGuy

The buck photos are always best but lots of other pictures make the "cool" list. I got about a half dozen photos of this doe and her fawns, one button buck and one doe. All the photos showed some affection towards each other, nuzzling and grooming. All of her instincts to this point has been to do her best to teach them survival skills and keep them safe. In a short time this little guy will get bumped from mom and his journey alone will begin. Will he find some buddies in a similar strange situation and partner with them? Will the next 6 crazy weeks find him in a strange new place? Will he relocate to a new area or will he stick close to the river bottom he's been raised in? Will winter be too much for him to endure or will he be one of the lucky ones? Will he someday be one of the old massive bodied bucks carrying a chocolate rack through the same run of spruce trees working scrapes in the same area as the many generations of bucks before him? I wish i knew.
hgfds_083.jpg

I sat in a stand and watched a mother groom her twins for about 10 minutes a month ago. It was neat to see how much affection she gives them. You never know, he may be the next world record.

Neat thoughts. I sat up on a ridge pinch point on Friday evening
and saw two mature does alone as well as three button bucks alone. The two does were together but the three button bucks were all seperate and alone. I thought it was odd that they were separated from their mother already. As far as I can tell there aren't any does in estrus yet. Then on Saturday morning I sat in a different stand about two miles away and saw ten different bucks, seven of which were 1.5 or 2.5 year olds and three that were 3.5 or older. Didn't see a single doe of fawn that morning.

Top Bottom