Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's New?

H

hershy

...if nothing else turkey hunting is an excuse to buy stuff...this year I told my wife in January that I had finally reached that point in my turkey hunting career that I had enough stuff and did not need to buy anything more to hunt this spring...and she actually took me seriously!...it is now just a couple of weeks before the start of the first turkey season and I have bought an inner-tube seat cushion, a strut seat, a 3-pack of mouth calls (a back-up for my back-ups), 2 pairs of new gloves, 1 more hen decoy, a pocket pruning kit, and I now have a Double Bull Blind on lay-away...so, fess up turkey hunters - what have bought that you just couldn't see starting the 2003 season without?...

New camo back pack with internal tube-feed water bladder (hope it cuts down on the sloshing), half a dozen new diaphragms, new slate, new owl hooter, another pair of gloves. Borrowing an Ameristep Doghouse.

Less than a month to go!!!!

Threebeards

Fairly light year for me, told my spouse the same story this year. Did buy a jake call because I had the perfect time to use one- LAST YEAR. Also bought a spit & drum call as I just couldn't help myself- a slave to marketing!!!

I bought two new choke tubes, a Comp-N-Choke and a Hastings (the Hastings worked best with my gun, so I am returning the Comp-N-Choke), a new HS Strut slate call, a new mouth call, and best of all.....a new Mossy Oak Elite II Vest from Cabelas. I just can't resist "improving" my calls and equipment....
laugh.gif

This may be the first time in years that I havn't bought anything for turkey season.

Does buying a house to store all your turkey hunting crap in count?
crazy.gif

WELL LETS START WITH A COUPLE BLINDS,THE FREAK, THE TURKEY EGG,NEW CARBON ARROWS, MONTANA DECOYS( BOTH GOBBLER AND BREEDING PAIR), QUAKER BOY CRANKIN' CROW AND A HANDFUL OF DIAPHRAM CALLS--OH YEA DON'T FORGET THE NEW UN-USED ROLL OF TP. OLSO PURCHASED A 3 FOOT LONG BOX CALL FOR THOSE LOOOOONG RANGE BIRDS-MAN ITS GETTING TOUGH TO BRING THOSE MN. AND WI BIRDS ACROSS THE STATE LINES.

I bought "The Freak" from Primos, thought it might be handy to have a slate strapped to my leg when I'm holding a bow. I can use a diaphram just fine until I see a bird then I get nervous and my mouth dries out. Might as well have a roofing shingle in my mouth.
crazy.gif
It sounds pretty good too, so I went for it.

My pack is already so full of turkey hunting gadgets that I can barely carry it. Some of them are good, some not so good, but I carry them anyway. Never know when one will need to use one of them for that fincky bird. But to the point, I purchased a new pair of camo hunting boots off of eBay. Got them today and am very pleased with them. If nothing else I will have a good pair of boots to chase those birds all over the country side with:}

...M350, how does the Egg sound?...I have heard mixed reviews about the call, but have not played around with any, yet...

well i bought a new mossy oak elite vest tonite and bought several new mouth calls a waterproof box call, box of shells ,a jakehouse blind .sure there is a few others but that is what i remember, and i still have 2 weeks to look for more. oh ya a new cherokee decoy
2guns.gif

I bought a jake call, rem HeviShot (I didn't need any shells) and I am going to buy a blodgett slate.

Top Bottom