Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whats the best broadheads on the market today?

All about personal preference and the confidence you personally have in your setup...

I prefer Slick Trick Magnums. They are sharp as can be, punch a nice hole as a 4 blade, fool proof, and they fly like my field tips. Plus, you can't complain that the sticker price is under $30 for a 3 pack.

Wouldn't shoot that mechanical junk if they gave every one of 'em to me. Find you a good fixed blade head that fly's good out of your bow,and go with it. I shoot wensel woodsmans or snuffers and zwickey

I try new broadheads all the time. Mostly because I just like to experiment, and am always looking for "the one". The fact of the matter is, there are no broadheads on the market that won't kill the critter if you put it in the right spot. I've seen the devastation that some of today's mechanicals can do, but there are always the tried and true heads out there (thunderheads, slick tricks, snuffers, woodsmans, etc... the list goes on and on).

I will however say that the broadhead I tried last year (Smoke Ramcat) has been one of my favorites. Check them out. I will be shooting Magnus Stingers for elk in 5 days :). I would be shooting the ramcats if they were legal in Idaho for elk without question.

Thanks everybody!! Several good tips in here, have alot to think about when i run to town in morning!!! Good luck hunting to everyone!!!!

I picked up some shuttle T's last year on sale. They flew great, penetrate great and are durable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

I'm shooting magnus buzzcuts. Fantastic fixed blade broad heads. They also carry a lifetime warranty. Practice with one, dull one or hit a deer with one, send it back and they'll replace it. They also fly fantastic!

What's you draw length and weight?

:way::way::way:

In all honesty, buy a head, use it, and see how it works. You're going to hear about 100 different opinions on a public forum. Do you have any friends who have bow hunted and you trust, that you can ask?

I guarantee you, that regardless of what you buy, if you put it where it needs to be....the deer will die. I think most of the 'omg, the blades didn't open' or 'I wish I would've had a bigger cutting diameter head' stories are poor shots.....just my opinion.

Put it where it needs to be, and you'll have a dead deer.

As much as it pains me to agree with Chris (;) cuz), I have to agree. Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement!

I picked up some shuttle T's last year on sale. They flew great, penetrate great and are durable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

I've used Shuttle Ts for 3 years now and absolutely love them. This will be my 4th year as soon as the docs clear me to shoot my bow again and Shuttle Ts will be in my quiver. They are dead on with my field points out to 70 yards. They are sharp and durable. I also use Grim Reapers and they fly the same as my field points and Shuttle Ts to the same distance. It all goes back to what Chris (and others) have said: find what flies well with your set up and then focus on shot placement. Most deer won't go 100 yards with holes in both lungs.

Can't wait to see what the rage xtreme do!! Ive shot the original 2 blades for the last 5 years and the 2" cutting diameter was awesome...the xtreme are 2.3" :way:!

I started out with the new toxic! I shot 3 deer with them 10 yard, 25, and 20 yard shots and only found 1 there was no blood on any of them!! So Threw them in the scrap pile and bought me sum 2 inch swhackers the next two deer I shot I watched them fall over in the tree, butten buck ran 40, my 11 pointer ran 70 yards, blood every were , let's just say I found out what am gona shoot 4 many many years to come!!!

I shot my 11 pointer with the rage extremes I hit a little far forward and clipped shoulder still had one lung and a large slice in the heart. Arrow only went in about six inches I found him after waiting an hour to go look for him he ran across a river over a railroad and about 40 yards into timber found him beaded down in a thicket. Needless to say he was dead and I was impressed with the damage the rage extreme did

Shwackers deploy inside the hide. Without an exit hole there isn't a blood trail. It's fine if you ten ring a whitetail and they'd fall within sight.

As someone already said your new to bow hunting and I'd also recommend a fixed blade broad head because of this. Enough is going to go wrong for you that a broad head doesn't need to compound the errors.

I tried 3 or 4 different broadheads before I settled on 2 blade rages. I've shot my last 6 deer with them and whether it passed through or not the deer all died within sight. Shot placement is all that matters though. For me expandables are best because they shoot just like a field tip and the less difference between a field and target setup the better.

On the bad side Rages are one and done, expensive and the blades can pop out of the o-ring if you aren't attentive.

If you follow hunting shows you'll notice that they swear by a product till they get a new sponsor deal then their new product is the best of the best! I say try a couple out and trust your own judgement!

I've been bow hunting for 15 yrs and have tried several different broadheads muzzy's rocket's G5's and Rage. Hard to argue with the damage a rage 2 blade does! Like many have said hit them through both lungs and most anything works.

I recently just bought my first bow a mission venture! am allready in love just shootin it in the yard, i plan on hunting deer and turkey this fall, just wanted sum input from all the other bow hunters out there? Ps any one shot the toxics? Am leaning a little more toward them but not 100% yet

Rage hypodermic!!
Or if you want cheaper get three blade wasp expandables. My buck was a blood fest with this broad head. Very very happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Not saying these are the best, but what I prefer to shoot are...

Mechanical - Grim Reaper Whitetail Special

Fixed - Slick Trick Magnums

I've shot grim reapers the last few years never had a deer make it more than 60 yards, with that being said going to try the new toxics if I get a chance this late split. The only complaint is that the grim reapers don't always shoot like my field points. The toxics shoot exactly the same.. Best of luck

Top Bottom