Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whats the best tires

DO NOT GET THE BF GOODRICH RUGGED TRAILS...........I just bought them last fall and I have had 4 flats and a blow out. They are already about 60% worn out and when I had to replace that blow out my tire guy had a hard time finding another one because they stopped making them. I like the BF Goodrich ATs but the Rugged trails suck. I really like my Nitto Mud Grapplers on My good truck but most don't like them because the are to loud.

I second this also, Rugged Trail is probably the worst tire ever made. My first Tundra had them on it and they were completely shot at 25,000.

When I bought a new Truck last December I discussed this with the Toyota Dealership and they confirmed they were junk. I upgraded to the BF ATs KOs and they are solid. Very little wear at 20k and I have gotten that baby in and out of some nasty situations that I know the Rugged Trials wouldn't have handled.

Kratz

Hankook tires hands down are the best multi-purpose tire out there. Started out having them on my personal truck, and since have put them on all of our fleet trucks for our construction company. Have never had a problem with any of them. Quiet on the road but aggressive enough to get around muddy jobsites and contruction areas. They wear really well. I have 45,000 miles on the ones on my personal truck and they have very little wear.

I've been running a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers. Level B roads are zero challenge with these attached to your truck. For the aggressive tread pattern they are amazingly quiet on the highway too. I'm on year number 3 with them, but I doubt they make it to 4. I have 30,000 miles on them now, so I'm guessing they will make 40-45,000.

I may end up buying another set of rims and street tires for the summer. They are just too much to have on the truck in the summer and a waste of tread. They look super cool on the rig though.. About $1300/set. But that price is because I have 20's on my Ram and I went a couple sizes larger both up and out..

Last edited:
I upgraded to the BF ATs TA/KOs and they are solid. Very little wear at 20k

I'm with Jarin on this one. I've heard great things about Hankook and Cooper, but I absolutely love my BFG AT TA/KOs. I switched out my factory Michelln ap/street tires that my 05 Ram came with right after I bought it in July 05 and just put on my 2nd pair of BFG AT KOs in Summer 2010 and I was well over the warranty mileage. They are rugged, durable, and great off-road. Granted, there is not as much need for MTs out here as there are back in Iowa, but they are a great tire.

Take a good look at nitto terra grapplers. I just put my second set on. 50k on the first set and that is running a hell of a lot of gravel. Mine are on a full size pickup in a 275/65r18. They run me just under 200 a tire. Had the gy silent armor on before and only got a little over 30k on them.

I would agree. Running almost 40K on my first set and I've never had a flat. They have taken alot of abuse and have never gotten stuck either. Great traction, smooth highway ride, and not alot of noise. I'll buy another set after these are worn our for sure.

I would look at Nitto's, I have the trail grapplers M/T 275/65/18. Bought them at discounttiredirect.com for around 950 with shipping. They will handle about anything you put them through. I have over 40,000 miles on my set now and I'll be able to get another 10-15k outta them. They are actually pretty quiet on the highway for a mud terrain, and 100X better than Goodyear wrangler MT's. Dad had those on his truck and only got about 30K until they were about bald.

Just had a set of wrangler silent armour put on my sierra this week. Worked great in the 12" of snow I was driving through today.

Top Bottom