Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WHATS THE LAW?

jaybeee

Someone help me please.....My question is ...Is it legal to shoot over the fence at a deer if it is in the next property ? I can't seem to find it in the REGS...PLEASE NO GUESSING ,JUST THE FACTS....thanks
biggun.gif

I don't have the hard core facts.... but if you have permission to hunt the land then yes it is legal... if you do not have permission, if the land is posted or not then I would have to say that is trespassing and if the landowner wanted to press charges and could prove his case he could do so.... just my 2 cents..

Huskers right...Think of it this way.

Your bullet/arrow is trespassing.

Example: You can't shoot into a refuge even though you are on private ground.

Pupster

If it isn't against the law, it should be.

I can not find it in a document, however during a hunter safety course a game warden explained the property line to be like an invisible verticle plane. He said it is illegal to even shoot a pheasant after it has flown acrossed it. Personally I wondered if he was exagerating to make a point to the class, but I really don't know.

IaCraig.

As IaCraig posted, in reference to the hunter education class he attended, you can't shoot onto property you don't have permission to be on.

Doug Clayton

State Conservation Officer

Top Bottom