Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's your 3-D Set-up

Hobart

Life Member
It has been over 5 years since I shot any competitive 3-D. I'd like to get back into it. I was hoping a few of you guys could bring me up to speed with the current bows, arrows, rests, speeds, etc. Basically, what is your equipment list. I shot a moveable scope in the ASA format when I did shoot. Thanks

I like to 3D with what I hunt with. Both a recurve and a regular "old" compound bow that are both used for hunting. I change nothing from my hunting bow to shoot 3D. I used to shoot competitively @ 3D with an Alpine bow years ago. Had all the bells and whistles, just was getting caught up in the money race tto much so I quit and went with my hunting set up only. Going only for fun and a little "ribbing between the guys" anymore.

If I was going to get back into it again, Mathews or Hoyt would be my choice of bow with the Spot Hogg sights and a Muzzy Zero Effect rest. JMO

Boat

nothing fancy for me. same as my hunting set up. fred bear trx bow, trophy ridge matrix sights, gold tips

what's 3D?
evil.gif

My 3-D season starts on October 1st. Funny thing about my 3-D season, the targets move from spot to spot and I don't
grin.gif

heres the list you asked for Hobart..
heres my list of gear for 3D.

Hoyt ProTec 60 lbs in Flame.
Winners Choice strings
Trophy taker rest
Easton X10 30 inch stabilizer
Archers Advantage sight tape
Sureloc Target sight with Shrewsberry 3X scope
Easton 3-28 Accs at 284 fps..
Nikon Binos 8 X40..must be under 8 X for IBO shoots ..
Carter Just Cuz 3 finger BT release

the the assorted items in my belt quiver.. allen wrenches , lens cloth , arrow puller , Mckenzie score card clip , water bottle pouch , extra nocks , back up release ( Carter Solution 2 )and a few other items i cant think of right now..
heres a pic of my competition 3D / field /indoor target bow and some shots i made at 100 yds shooting at a water bottle !
grin.gif

Shoot Strong
Tony

210190.jpg

actually i only nicked it one time. the others missed .. but i was really thrilled to have just been on the bale...

Shoot Strong
Tony

Top Bottom