Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's your choice of bow?

I'll take a shot at this too. Let me see now, which bow and why?

Assuming you are using a release, I would buy a brand new 2003 Hoyt UltraTec or CyberTec. Good axle to axle length (forget those short bows under 35", longer is OK), low hand shock and vibes, thinner grip than most bows, best limb pockets out there, fast, quiet, best warrenty, forgiving, low maintenance and it has the new cam & 1/2 with all the advantages of a single cam or two cam and none of the disadvantages.

Next to that, I would look at a used 2001 UltraTec or 2002 CyberTec in the classifieds here.
wink.gif
To be honest with you, I really do like the Hoyts the best but I would recommend you go to a good pro shop to shoot the bows before buying them. All new bows are very well made these days and it would be hard to go wrong with any of them.

Have to agree with you there 150. I have a 2 year old Havoc and my next will probably be the Havoctec with the solo cam. I'm a little biased towards Hoyt but I have been shooting one since 1996 and (knock on wood) have never had a problem with my last 2. My oldest one is a 96 Tenacity that I keep around and take with me on hunts for a backup. There is so much great equipment out these days that it's all based on preference and confidence in them that usually makes the final decision for you. Nothing replaces confidence that's for sure!

I just bought a new Buckmaster G2XL. I think it is a smooth shooting bow and would recommend it to anybody.

Hoyt is what we have at our house. Each of the boy's are shooting a MT Sport and I am shooting a Havoc. Started my youngest with a PSE and don't think we'll go there again. None of us have been at it long enough to comment on other bows but we have really enjoyed the Hoyt equipment.

New bow on the way. The Mathews LX. I shot it yesterday along with a Legacy and the LX was much nicer. They were both set at 70# and the LX felt like I was pulling about 55 to 60. The new cam makes that much difference. Might have to eat Peanut Butter sandwitches for a while to be able to pay for it.
beerchug.gif

Good luck with it mnbuck! Take it from a professional cheapskate, peanut butter is not all that bad. Just another way to buy more gas to get me to the woods.

One thing about bows, they are all good when in the hand of someone that believes in them.

I just bought a Mathews Legacy and love it!!

The Bowtechs felt terrible in my hand. I would never buy one just because I hated the feel of them. You should definitely try any bow out before you buy and select the one that feels best to you.

I've had two Hoyts and they were great bows as well, but I still like my Legacy the best.

The only bows Ive ever shot were Martins and Hoyts.Id recomend either brand.As a matter of fact I just sold my Hoyt I bought last year to buy a Martin Jaguar Magnum.For under 300$ it might not be as fancy as some of the other bows mentioned but itll put an arrow in the same spot on the target as they will, and Ill still have money left to buy arrows and deer tags
laugh.gif

O i think Id go with a Hoyt but it sounds like its too late. I shoot a Hoyt Razortec and absolutely love it

SHOT A BLACK WIDOW FOR 15 YEARS AND KILLED MANY DEER WITH GREAT SATISFACTION. THE IN-LAWS BOUGHT ME A NEW HOYT RAZORTEC FOR X-MAS, SO I DECIDED TO GO HIGH TECH FOR THE FIRST TIME. ALREADY I HAVE DOUBLED MY EFFECTIVE RANCH AND WHILE TARGET PRACTICING I CAN SOFTBALL GROUP AT 40 YARDS. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TRYING THIS NEW FANGLED THING THIS FALL. MIGHT NOT BE AS CHALLENGING. BUT WHEN A 150 INCHER WALKS BY AT 25 YARDS THIS YEAR I WILL BE LICKING MY CHOPS INSTEAD OF CRYING.
26404-archer[1].gif

Glad to see you went with the best speed/performance/grip/weight/equipment bow on the market. I love the hoyt, but if I had to buy another, that LX would be the one. The HP or High Performance cam realy delivers on it's name. Realistic 300 fps from 29" pullers in the sub 70lbs range...on hunting weight arrows. Neat. Near as I can figure they coppied the only good thing off a bowtec
bleh[1].gif
...the draw stop. This solid stop makes this bow a no brainer for "creepers" like me, or backtension shooters on the 20 yard line. Love the Lx, you did good.
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom